Dave

Default Cookoo clock instructions needed.

Hi. I am having trouble on how to adjust my German cookoo clock time
accurately. I checked Goggle and could not find anything on it.
I would appreciate it if you could help me with this problem.
Thanks

Doug Miller

In article eHaKc.113796$XM6.20761@attbi_s53, "Dave" wrote:
Hi. I am having trouble on how to adjust my German cookoo clock time
accurately. I checked Goggle and could not find anything on it.
I would appreciate it if you could help me with this problem.

Try Googling for the correct spelling: "cuckoo".
Trenchrat

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi. I am having trouble on how to adjust my German cookoo clock time
accurately. I checked Goggle and could not find anything on it.
I would appreciate it if you could help me with this problem.
Thanks

If it is slow tighten the spring. If it is fast loosen the spring. There
should be three weights one screw for each weight. One for seconds
minutes and hours.
..

Google logs all usenet.

Unseat Florida Congressmaggot E. Clay Shaw for turning Florida into a
police state.

Harry K

.

Google logs all usenet.

Unseat Florida Congressmaggot E. Clay Shaw for turning Florida into a
police state.

And don't get all wound up on trying to get accurate times out of a
cuckoo clock, you won't.

Harry K

Trenchrat

om...

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi. I am having trouble on how to adjust my German cookoo clock

time
accurately. I checked Goggle and could not find anything on it.
I would appreciate it if you could help me with this problem.
Thanks

If it is slow tighten the spring. If it is fast loosen the spring.

There
should be three weights one screw for each weight. One for seconds
minutes and hours.
.

Google logs all usenet.

Unseat Florida Congressmaggot E. Clay Shaw for turning Florida into

police state.

And don't get all wound up on trying to get accurate times out of a
cuckoo clock, you won't.

Harry K

Same thing with my computer.

I am not on atomic time.

Bill Reynolds

Same thing with my computer.

I am not on atomic time.

You could come close...dbl click on the time in the lower right corner
and then click on internet time. Then check the box

Trenchrat

"Bill Reynolds" wrote in message

Same thing with my computer.

I am not on atomic time.

You could come close...dbl click on the time in the lower right corner
and then click on internet time. Then check the box

Not on my computer.
Time matters not anyway.

CIVIL WAR 2004

Philip Lewis

"Trenchrat" writes:
Not on my computer.

If you are interested (thought it doesn't sound like you are), look
for freeware that does NTP (network time protocol)
synchronization. Looks like you are on a windows box, minimally 95.
(don't think outlook express ran on win3.1
http://www.google.com/search?q=freeware+NTP+win98
should get you going...

--
be safe.
flip

Bill Reynolds

Same thing with my computer.

I am not on atomic time.

You could come close...dbl click on the time in the lower right corner
and then click on internet time. Then check the box

Not on my computer.
Time matters not anyway.

As an old time, long time broadcast engineer, it is satisfying to see
the computer clock within a second of WWV.

Obviously not for everyone....

Trenchrat

"Philip Lewis" wrote in message
du...
"Trenchrat" writes:
Not on my computer.

If you are interested (thought it doesn't sound like you are), look
for freeware that does NTP (network time protocol)
synchronization. Looks like you are on a windows box, minimally 95.
(don't think outlook express ran on win3.1
http://www.google.com/search?q=freeware+NTP+win98
should get you going...

Win98 and I am beginning to believe it is the CMOS battery which means I
will have to write down all my setting before I replace the battery.

I am not sure but someone told me that if I could do it in ten seconds
or less that the charge will hold. That does not seem probable because I
think I have to short out the charge to prevent electrostatic damage.
Oh well minutes out are no harm since I only use the computer to
complain about the government.

--
be safe.
flip
Remove origin of the word spam from address to reply (leave "+")

Philip Lewis

"Trenchrat" writes:
Win98 and I am beginning to believe it is the CMOS battery which means I
will have to write down all my setting before I replace the battery.

but of course the beauty of these programs is you can run them
manually, or sometimes set them up to run once a day.
(i do that on my win98 "bedroom" laptop)
so as long as you have net, you should be ok.

mind you, if the cmos is going out of sync, you have more than the
time to worry about.

good luck!

--
be safe.
flip
Remove origin of the word spam from address to reply (leave "+")

Trenchrat

"Bill Reynolds" wrote in message

Same thing with my computer.

I am not on atomic time.

You could come close...dbl click on the time in the lower right

corner
and then click on internet time. Then check the box

Not on my computer.
Time matters not anyway.

As an old time, long time broadcast engineer, it is satisfying to see
the computer clock within a second of WWV.

Obviously not for everyone....

No, I agree with you.
It was not until The Dark Ages 1500's year after JC calendar that the
leap year was counted.
JC was the son of JC.

Obviously not for everyone...

Doug Miller

In article , "Trenchrat" wrote:

It was not until The Dark Ages 1500's year after JC calendar that the
leap year was counted.

Not correct. Leap year has been used since the time of Julius Caesar. The
change in the 1500s was instituted to correct for drift in the Julian
calendar, which (by instituting leap year every four years) averaged 365.25
days per year. The actual value is 365.2422 days, and the Gregorian calendar
in current use averages 365.2425 days.
Trenchrat

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
.. .
In article , "Trenchrat"

wrote:

It was not until The Dark Ages 1500's year after JC calendar that the
leap year was counted.

Not correct. Leap year has been used since the time of Julius Caesar.

The
change in the 1500s was instituted to correct for drift in the Julian
calendar, which (by instituting leap year every four years) averaged

365.25
days per year. The actual value is 365.2422 days, and the Gregorian

calendar
in current use averages 365.2425 days.

Ok
That's what's got me. Who the heck invented the second? That damn little
wooden bird.
I mean couldn't they (JC) just speed it up or slow it down a little.