Posted to alt.home.repair

Default alternative for toughen glass

i want some transparent material to place it on the terrace of my house, and
it should have that much strength so that i can walk on it and the sunlight
also pass throught is so that i can get sunlight on my terrace.I don't budget
to put up toughen glass

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1156543-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 1:44:06 PM UTC-5, vikas wrote:
i want some transparent material to place it on the terrace of my house, and
it should have that much strength so that i can walk on it and the sunlight
also pass throught is so that i can get sunlight on my terrace.I don't budget
to put up toughen glass

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1156543-.htm

Sunlight comes up from the floor in your part of the universe?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 18:44:01 GMT, vikas
m wrote:

i want some transparent material to place it on the terrace of my house, and
it should have that much strength so that i can walk on it and the sunlight
also pass throught is so that i can get sunlight on my terrace.I don't budget
to put up toughen glass

Find yourself and hire an engineer.

The Grand Canyon has a walk out over the edge. Sun shines through it.
Supports many people with interesting works of building it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

i want some transparent material to place it on the terrace of my house, and
it should have that much strength so that i can walk on it and the sunlight
also pass throught is so that i can get sunlight on my terrace.I don't budget
to put up toughen glass

Find yourself and hire an engineer.

The Grand Canyon has a walk out over the edge. Sun shines through it.
Supports many people with interesting works of building it.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/attr...e-its-cracking

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/19/18 12:44 PM, vikas wrote:
i want some transparent material to place it on the terrace of my house,
and
it should have that much strength so that i can walk on it and the sunlight
also pass throught is so that i can get sunlight on my terrace.I don't
budget
to put up toughen glass

Do a search for see through roof. I don't know how the strength
compares but maybe you could use it with some extra supports.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/20/2018 05:55 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 1/19/18 12:44 PM, vikas wrote:
i want some transparent material to place it on the terrace of my
house, and
it should have that much strength so that i can walk on it and the
sunlight
also pass throught is so that i can get sunlight on my terrace.I don't
budget
to put up toughen glass

Do a search for see through roof. I don't know how the strength
compares but maybe you could use it with some extra supports.

See through roof? Nothing like waking up in the morning staring at a
squirrel's ass.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/19/18 12:44 PM, vikas wrote:
i want some transparent material to place it on the terrace of my
house, and
it should have that much strength so that i can walk on it and the
sunlight
also pass throught is so that i can get sunlight on my terrace.I don't
budget
to put up toughen glass

Do a search for see through roof. I don't know how the strength
compares but maybe you could use it with some extra supports.

See through roof? Nothing like waking up in the morning staring at a
squirrel's ass.

What about a foot of snow?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/20/18 2:00 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 01/20/2018 05:55 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Â*Â*Â*Â* Do a search for see through roof.Â*Â* I don't know how the strength
compares but maybe you could use it with some extra supports.

See through roof? Nothing like waking up in the morning staring at a
squirrel's ass.

To see the glory of God's creation of the stars and a full moon
on a clear winter night.
In theory, at least.
Mr. Someone would have to keep the darn thing clean. And then
there are drones with cameras.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/20/2018 04:24 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 1/20/18 2:00 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 01/20/2018 05:55 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Do a search for see through roof. I don't know how the strength
compares but maybe you could use it with some extra supports.

See through roof? Nothing like waking up in the morning staring at a
squirrel's ass.

To see the glory of God's creation of the stars and a full moon
on a clear winter night.
In theory, at least.

My idea of stargazing on a clear winter night involves southern Arizona.
Very southern Arizona. I will admit I miss that as I spend 3 seconds
contemplating Orion as I hurry into the house before the hair in my nose
freezes.