Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door has shifted to the side and sticks

replying to TomM in NY, Bill wrote:
My garage door shifted to the right, this causing the top door panel to hit
the door glide, and cause the door to stop at that point.
I tried to shift the door back to the left side, but it would come back to the
right side over time. To fix it: Really simple, I put two zip ties around the
post between the door roller and the hinge its attached to, this keeping the
door from hitting the door glide. Now the door work fine, forever!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ks-512598-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 01:14:05 GMT, Bill
m wrote:

replying to TomM in NY, Bill wrote:
My garage door shifted to the right, this causing the top door panel to hit
the door glide, and cause the door to stop at that point.
I tried to shift the door back to the left side, but it would come back to the
right side over time. To fix it: Really simple, I put two zip ties around the
post between the door roller and the hinge its attached to, this keeping the
door from hitting the door glide. Now the door work fine, forever!

Don't hurt yourself, son. The zip ties may put your eye out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

m wrote:

replying to TomM in NY, Bill wrote:
My garage door shifted to the right, this causing the top door panel to hit
the door glide, and cause the door to stop at that point.
I tried to shift the door back to the left side, but it would come back to the
right side over time. To fix it: Really simple, I put two zip ties around the
post between the door roller and the hinge its attached to, this keeping the
door from hitting the door glide. Now the door work fine, forever!

Don't hurt yourself, son. The zip ties may put your eye out.

But but but The door work fine, forever!

--
Tekkie