Posted to alt.home.repair

Default garage door sticks/binbs on left side, on last panel going up.

garage door sticks/binds on way up on last panel. I have lubricated
everything, rollers, joints,pulleys etc. When opener is disengaged, door
works perfectly by hand. This door is 25 years old, but the electronic opener
is about 3 years old, it seems to work fine with the remote. I don't
understand why it goes 3/4ths the way up before it starts binging on the left
side as you face garage from outside. There are no bad rollers, the 2 main
springs on each side are not broke. For the time being we are just operating
the door by hand. Thanks in advance for any help you could give.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...-u-884281-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 17:44:02 +0000, marshall
wrote:

garage door sticks/binds on way up on last panel. I have lubricated
everything, rollers, joints,pulleys etc. When opener is disengaged, door
works perfectly by hand. This door is 25 years old, but the electronic opener
is about 3 years old, it seems to work fine with the remote. I don't
understand why it goes 3/4ths the way up before it starts binging on the left
side as you face garage from outside. There are no bad rollers, the 2 main
springs on each side are not broke. For the time being we are just operating
the door by hand. Thanks in advance for any help you could give.

It sounds like one of the springs may be pulling harder than the
other. How do they hang when the door is up? Do both sag at the same
time?

What does it do when you run it up manually?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 12:44:07 PM UTC-5, marshall wrote:
garage door sticks/binds on way up on last panel. I have lubricated
everything, rollers, joints,pulleys etc. When opener is disengaged, door
works perfectly by hand. This door is 25 years old, but the electronic opener
is about 3 years old, it seems to work fine with the remote. I don't
understand why it goes 3/4ths the way up before it starts binging on the left
side as you face garage from outside. There are no bad rollers, the 2 main
springs on each side are not broke. For the time being we are just operating
the door by hand. Thanks in advance for any help you could give.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...-u-884281-.htm
using HomeOwnersHub's Web, Mobile and Social Media Interface to
alt.home.repair and other home improvement groups

....bad roller that's not making the transition/turn?
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

wrote:

garage door sticks/binds on way up on last panel. I have lubricated
everything, rollers, joints,pulleys etc. When opener is disengaged, door
works perfectly by hand. This door is 25 years old, but the electronic opener
is about 3 years old, it seems to work fine with the remote. I don't
understand why it goes 3/4ths the way up before it starts binging on the left
side as you face garage from outside. There are no bad rollers, the 2 main
springs on each side are not broke. For the time being we are just operating
the door by hand. Thanks in advance for any help you could give.

It sounds like one of the springs may be pulling harder than the
other. How do they hang when the door is up? Do both sag at the same
time?

+1 Even though haven't broken (yet), one may have weakened
significantly as compared to the other, or the adjustment may have just
slipped.

Good sign is if one side sits high relative the other when closed w/o
any latching to hold it down and disconnected from the opener.

Also, even if the rollers themselves seem ok, after 25 yr it's possible
a guide has gotten worn or misadjusted and is causing binding.

By hand you typically don't apply a fixed force continuously as does the
opener; thus things have a chance to move and correct themselves before
the door actually binds...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Have a double and a single door (opposite sides of the house in
front). The double is high on one side but the door doesn't bind at
the top. Just some rain under the door.

Got it on a 'round tuit list.