Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
MikeWazowski

Default Bathroom paint repair

Due to my lack of experence with painting I mistakenly did not prime
over a large number of patching I preformed with joint compound due to
nail pops (new construction). The surface was throughly cleaned with
a TSP solution prior to painting and I used 2 coats of paint due to
the lack of primer/to insure good coverage. I also used a high
quality Behr paint. The blemishes I see only appear when using the
shower/bath in bathroom. When showering obviously a certain amount of
humidity is generated, and as normal we combat this with the bathroom
fan however about the time the mirror starts to fog, we begin to see
the spots on the wall where I patched. It seems as the mosture in the
air begins condense on all surfaces in the room but it seems somewhat
avoid the spots that I patched with joint compound. This creates a
very unattractive and obvious poke-a-dot effect on the wall. After
the mosture evaporates post shower/bath the above situation goes away
and the paint looks like normal. I am at a total loss of why this is
occuring any help on how to correct this would be greatly apprecated!

TIA.

-MW