dadiOH

Default Bathroom paint repair

MikeWazowski wrote:
Due to my lack of experence with painting I mistakenly did not prime
over a large number of patching I preformed with joint compound due
to nail pops (new construction). The surface was throughly cleaned
with a TSP solution prior to painting and I used 2 coats of paint
due to the lack of primer/to insure good coverage. I also used a
high quality Behr paint. The blemishes I see only appear when
using the shower/bath in bathroom. When showering obviously a
certain amount of humidity is generated, and as normal we combat
this with the bathroom fan however about the time the mirror starts
to fog, we begin to see the spots on the wall where I patched. It
seems as the mosture in the air begins condense on all surfaces in
the room but it seems somewhat avoid the spots that I patched with
joint compound. This creates a very unattractive and obvious poke-
a-dot effect on the wall. After the mosture evaporates post
shower/bath the above situation goes away and the paint looks like
normal. I am at a total loss of why this is occuring any help on
how to correct this would be greatly apprecated!

Moisture condenses there too but it is being sucked up by the unprimed DW
compound. To fix, prime with oil base and repaint.

Alternatively, you might try spotting the areas with an acrylic sealer (I'm
thinking of something like SealCrete). It will take more than one
application, you'll know the spots are sealed when the surface dries shiny.
If your top paint has the same sheen you may not have to top coat again.
You could also wipe a sponge wet with the sealer over all (after sealing the
spots) to give a uniform sheen.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...