Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mounting co detector

Low or high?

Have one. Is co a low riser?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Low or high?

Neither.

https://www.safety.com/carbon-monoxi...lacement/#gref

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 2:14:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Low or high?

Neither.

https://www.safety.com/carbon-monoxi...lacement/#gref

The instructions that came with my Kidde CO detector said to place it on a wall at least six inches from the ceiling to avoid dead spots. The "high" recommendation is that the CO you're detecting is almost certainly a product of combustion, therefore heated and (a little) lighter than air.

At a customer site, the fire inspector said I needed to install a CO detector outside the boiler room. I asked him how high to place it on the wall, and he was pretty well stumped, as if he had never thought about it before. Gave me a real warm fuzzy feeling.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/8/2018 3:38 PM, rangerssuck wrote:
On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 2:14:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Low or high?

Neither.

https://www.safety.com/carbon-monoxi...lacement/#gref

The instructions that came with my Kidde CO detector said to place it on a wall at least six inches from the ceiling to avoid dead spots. The "high" recommendation is that the CO you're detecting is almost certainly a product of combustion, therefore heated and (a little) lighter than air.

At a customer site, the fire inspector said I needed to install a CO detector outside the boiler room. I asked him how high to place it on the wall, and he was pretty well stumped, as if he had never thought about it before. Gave me a real warm fuzzy feeling.

We had to do the same. It is plugged into a receptacle normal height
from the floor. Inspector could check his box on the form!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Under normal conditions CO has the same density as air which makes placement less of a major concern. Outside of heat sources that can produce CO, it is recommended that the detector be at least eye level.

Dan