Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Michigan Idiot video

When idiots meet lake-effect snow.

https://www.facebook.com/jim.perreau...3477959655729/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 16:50:39 -0500, duh wrote:

When idiots meet lake-effect snow.

https://www.facebook.com/jim.perreau...3477959655729/

Who cares. We haven't hit 32° F officially this winter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2017 5:36 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 16:50:39 -0500, duh wrote:

When idiots meet lake-effect snow.

https://www.facebook.com/jim.perreau...3477959655729/

Who cares. We haven't hit 32° F officially this winter.

The same set of people that care what you think.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't give a **** what you think, Troll.

From: 0ren

Oren, it appears that you've attracted a fanboi. I haven't seen "0ren" for a while so I wonder which troll is nymshifting. There are several who are trying to avoid killfiles by changing identities so they can make nasty remarks. I must wonder what motivates them? o_O

[8~{} Uncle Curious Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2017 4:50 PM, duh wrote:
When idiots meet lake-effect snow.

https://www.facebook.com/jim.perreau...3477959655729/

But officer, I have 4WD. Most of the probably could have delayed the
trip for another day, every one of them could have slowed down.

From: 0ren

Oren, it appears that you've attracted a fanboi. I haven't seen "0ren" for a while so I wonder which troll is nymshifting. There are several who are trying to avoid killfiles by changing identities so they can make nasty remarks. I must wonder what motivates them? o_O

Abandonment issues.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 5:36:29 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 16:50:39 -0500, duh wrote:

When idiots meet lake-effect snow.

https://www.facebook.com/jim.perreau...3477959655729/

Yep. Makes me glad I live on the eastern side of the state,
where lake-effect snow is usually attenuated to flurries.

Who cares. We haven't hit 32° F officially this winter.

We haven't seen 32 since the 23rd, when we managed to
scrape out a high of 37 F. It's 3 F right now.

A week from tomorrow it's supposed to hit 29 F. I might
break out the bikini.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2017 10:58 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/30/2017 4:50 PM, duh wrote:
When idiots meet lake-effect snow.

https://www.facebook.com/jim.perreau...3477959655729/

But officer, I have 4WD.Â*Â* Most of the probably could have delayed the trip for another day, every one of them could have slowed down.

Yup, easy-peasy to drive on snow/ice (flat terrain).Â* Just drive 30-50 mph and don't tailgate.Â* Sure, 30 mph sucks but it sure beats 0 mph in the ditch and a trip to the body shop on a flat-bed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2017 4:50 PM, duh wrote:
When idiots meet lake-effect snow.

https://www.facebook.com/jim.perreau...3477959655729/

But officer, I have 4WD.Â*Â* Most of the probably could have delayed the
trip for another day, every one of them could have slowed down.

Yup, easy-peasy to drive on snow/ice (flat terrain).Â* Just drive 30-50
mph and don't tailgate.Â* Sure, 30 mph sucks but it sure beats 0 mph in
the ditch and a trip to the body shop on a flat-bed.

Ditches fill up with 4WD drives first. People just don't learn that 4WD
or AWD does not stop a vehicle any faster.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2017 4:50 PM, duh wrote:
When idiots meet lake-effect snow.

https://www.facebook.com/jim.perreau...3477959655729/

But officer, I have 4WD.Â*Â* Most of the probably could have delayed
the trip for another day, every one of them could have slowed down.

Yup, easy-peasy to drive on snow/ice (flat terrain).Â* Just drive 30-50
mph and don't tailgate.Â* Sure, 30 mph sucks but it sure beats 0 mph in
the ditch and a trip to the body shop on a flat-bed.

Ditches fill up with 4WD drives first.Â* People just don't learn that 4WD
or AWD does not stop a vehicle any faster.

I often speak with people who have the false sense of security with the
belief an SUV or AWD vehicle will prove better on ice. They ignore the
reality that no amount of drive system or type of tire will stop on ice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2017 4:50 PM, duh wrote:
When idiots meet lake-effect snow.

https://www.facebook.com/jim.perreau...3477959655729/

But officer, I have 4WD.Â*Â* Most of the probably could have delayed
the trip for another day, every one of them could have slowed down.

Yup, easy-peasy to drive on snow/ice (flat terrain).Â* Just drive
30-50 mph and don't tailgate.Â* Sure, 30 mph sucks but it sure beats
0 mph in the ditch and a trip to the body shop on a flat-bed.

Ditches fill up with 4WD drives first.Â* People just don't learn that
4WD or AWD does not stop a vehicle any faster.

I often speak with people who have the false sense of security with
the belief an SUV or AWD vehicle will prove better on ice. They ignore
the reality that no amount of drive system or type of tire will stop
on ice.

Â* Studded tires do OK ... and chains work even better . I have a set
for both vehicles - though I really needÂ* a second set for the truck
since it's 2wd . The 4Runner is 4WD , it goes wherever I point the front
tires .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2017 4:50 PM, duh wrote:
When idiots meet lake-effect snow.

https://www.facebook.com/jim.perreau...3477959655729/

But officer, I have 4WD.Â*Â* Most of the probably could have delayed the trip for another day, every one of them could have slowed down.

Yup, easy-peasy to drive on snow/ice (flat terrain).Â* Just drive 30-50 mph and don't tailgate.Â* Sure, 30 mph sucks but it sure beats 0 mph in the ditch and a trip to the body shop on a flat-bed.

Ditches fill up with 4WD drives first.Â* People just don't learn that 4WD or AWD does not stop a vehicle any faster.

Yah,Â* and the $60k 4WDs are usually the first ones to the scene of the accident.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 10:59:30 AM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Bet they all voted for hillary.

Doubtful. They're probably on the west side of Michigan, where the
lake-effect snow is, and where the Republicans live.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2017 8:07 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Yep. Makes me glad I live on the eastern side of the state,
where lake-effect snow is usually attenuated to flurries.

Yah, snows about 2"/day here in West Mich until Lake Michigan freezes over.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On 12/31/2017 11:50 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 10:59:30 AM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Bet they all voted for hillary.

Doubtful. They're probably on the west side of Michigan, where the
lake-effect snow is, and where the Republicans live.

Cindy Hamilton

Better than living in liberal Debbie Stabenow country.Â* ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2017 4:50 PM, duh wrote:
[...]

Many states ban studded tires and chains. The people in the states that
allow it are usually too lazy to install and remove them based on
weather changes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2017 4:50 PM, duh wrote:
When idiots meet lake-effect snow.

https://www.facebook.com/jim.perreau...3477959655729/

But officer, I have 4WD.Â*Â* Most of the probably could have delayed
the trip for another day, every one of them could have slowed down.

Yup, easy-peasy to drive on snow/ice (flat terrain).Â* Just drive
30-50 mph and don't tailgate.Â* Sure, 30 mph sucks but it sure beats
0 mph in the ditch and a trip to the body shop on a flat-bed.

Ditches fill up with 4WD drives first.Â* People just don't learn that
4WD or AWD does not stop a vehicle any faster.

I often speak with people who have the false sense of security with
the belief an SUV or AWD vehicle will prove better on ice. They
ignore the reality that no amount of drive system or type of tire
will stop on ice.

Â*Â* Studded tires do OK ... and chains work even better . I have a set
for both vehicles - though I really needÂ* a second set for the truck
since it's 2wd . The 4Runner is 4WD , it goes wherever I point the
front tires .

Many states ban studded tires and chains. The people in the states that
allow it are usually too lazy to install and remove them based on
weather changes.

That's right. Studs are banned here and I can't remember last time I
saw chains. Snow tires help but my point is that all vehicles have
brakes on each wheel and stop just as fast as those with FWD/AWD.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 12:22:49 PM UTC-5, Joe wrote:
On 12/31/2017 11:50 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 10:59:30 AM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Bet they all voted for hillary.

Doubtful. They're probably on the west side of Michigan, where the
lake-effect snow is, and where the Republicans live.

Cindy Hamilton

Better than living in liberal Debbie Stabenow country.Â* ;-)

I live just outside of Ann Arbor. Besides, Stabenow is a U.S. Senator,
so all of us live in Debbie Stabenow country.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2017 1:46 PM, Frank wrote:

Many states ban studded tires and chains. The people in the states
that allow it are usually too lazy to install and remove them based on
weather changes.

That's right. Studs are banned here and I can't remember last time I
saw chains. Snow tires help but my point is that all vehicles have
brakes on each wheel and stop just as fast as those with FWD/AWD.

Aren't you in PA? IIRC they were banned at one time.

PA Permitted November 1 €“ April 15

Michigan, where the video was made does not permit studs.

Chains are good in some circumstances, but not much value on well
plowed roads. They do little with stopping too. Last time I remember
chains was probably back in the 1960s. When we lived in Philly the side
streets were not plowed and chains made a difference. I had studs on my
Corvair and it was great in snow.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , says...

On 12/31/2017 1:46 PM, Frank wrote:

Many states ban studded tires and chains. The people in the states
that allow it are usually too lazy to install and remove them based on
weather changes.

That's right. Studs are banned here and I can't remember last time I
saw chains. Snow tires help but my point is that all vehicles have
brakes on each wheel and stop just as fast as those with FWD/AWD.

Aren't you in PA? IIRC they were banned at one time.

PA Permitted November 1 ? April 15

Michigan, where the video was made does not permit studs.

Chains are good in some circumstances, but not much value on well
plowed roads. They do little with stopping too. Last time I remember
chains was probably back in the 1960s. When we lived in Philly the side
streets were not plowed and chains made a difference. I had studs on my
Corvair and it was great in snow.

I live in middle NC. We do not usually have many snows that stay on the
roads. Anything over 4 inches is a big snow to us and I have only seen
12 to 14 inches 3 to 5 times in over 60 years.

Last time I was on the interstate and snow was about 25 years ago. Got
caught and had to drive about 30 miles in the stuff. The fastest I got
was from 15 to 20 mph on the interstate as it had not been plowed or
anything. Some cars were doing about the same speed. Some would pass
me going fast and I would pass some of those that got stuck in the ditch
as they slid off the interstate. While 15 mph may be slow, it beats
being off the road and waiting several hours to get towed out of the
ditch.

I live in the country and just past my house is a very sharp curve and
if you do not make it, the ground drops off rapid to about 6 feet below
the road. Sofar two cars have been pulled out of that in the 14 years I
have lived here. The road is not that well traveled either.

AS many mentioned the 4 WD will go, but not stop or turn any better than
a standard 2 wheel drive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2017 1:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/31/2017 1:46 PM, Frank wrote:

Many states ban studded tires and chains. The people in the states
that allow it are usually too lazy to install and remove them based on
weather changes.

That's right.Â* Studs are banned here and I can't remember last time I
saw chains.Â* Snow tires help but my point is that all vehicles have
brakes on each wheel and stop just as fast as those with FWD/AWD.

Aren't you in PA?Â* IIRC they were banned at one time.

PAÂ*Â*Â* Permitted November 1 €“ April 15

Michigan, where the video was made does not permit studs.

Chains are goodÂ* in some circumstances, but not much value on well
plowed roads.Â* They do little with stopping too.Â* Last time I remember
chains was probably back in the 1960s. When we lived in Philly the
side streets were not plowed and chains made a difference.Â* I had
studs on my Corvair and it was great in snow.

Â* Up here most snow storms start off as rain , progressing to
sleet/freezing rain , then the snow . We've had ice storms that put a
glaze of ice on the ground so slippery you couldn't stand up . The ONLY
way anybody moves on that ice is with chains or studs . And then it's
very slowly and carefully . These winding mountain roads are not a
priority for the plows , they only plow halfway to our place (from town)
until sometimes well after the storm is over . I chain up my little
tractor to plow our road up to the highway , other neighbors also
contribute to that effort with their equipment - all chained up .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on