Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Michigan Idiot video

On 12/31/2017 1:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/31/2017 1:46 PM, Frank wrote:

Many states ban studded tires and chains. The people in the states
that allow it are usually too lazy to install and remove them based on
weather changes.

That's right.Â* Studs are banned here and I can't remember last time I
saw chains.Â* Snow tires help but my point is that all vehicles have
brakes on each wheel and stop just as fast as those with FWD/AWD.

Aren't you in PA?Â* IIRC they were banned at one time.

PAÂ*Â*Â* Permitted November 1 €“ April 15

Michigan, where the video was made does not permit studs.

Chains are goodÂ* in some circumstances, but not much value on well
plowed roads.Â* They do little with stopping too.Â* Last time I remember
chains was probably back in the 1960s. When we lived in Philly the
side streets were not plowed and chains made a difference.Â* I had
studs on my Corvair and it was great in snow.

Â* Up here most snow storms start off as rain , progressing to
sleet/freezing rain , then the snow . We've had ice storms that put a
glaze of ice on the ground so slippery you couldn't stand up . The ONLY
way anybody moves on that ice is with chains or studs . And then it's
very slowly and carefully . These winding mountain roads are not a
priority for the plows , they only plow halfway to our place (from town)
until sometimes well after the storm is over . I chain up my little
tractor to plow our road up to the highway , other neighbors also
contribute to that effort with their equipment - all chained up .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on