Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HPS bulb is dim

I just replaced a 70 watt LU70 bulb in my driveway and it won't get bright.. It only stays dim. It comes on and off correctly but doesn't get that bright orange glow. Any ideas?
The old bulb was cycling on and off, barely even getting full brightness before shutting off and starting over. I let it go until it was out completely. Bad choice I'm sure. Any idea if I just have a bad bulb or is there something more wrong with fixture like capacitor?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 10:10:04 AM UTC-8, wrote:
I just replaced a 70 watt LU70 bulb in my driveway and it won't get bright. It only stays dim. It comes on and off correctly but doesn't get that bright orange glow. Any ideas?
The old bulb was cycling on and off, barely even getting full brightness before shutting off and starting over. I let it go until it was out completely. Bad choice I'm sure. Any idea if I just have a bad bulb or is there something more wrong with fixture like capacitor?

The fixture is over heating and shorting out and should be replaced.