Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Man hailed a hero for chasing Texas church gunman after massacre

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 12:07:37 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
You read me wrong.Â* People that break the laws are criminal.Â* We don't
need new laws, we need old laws being enforced.

Or stop wasting money on police and jails, but just not have any guns.

James,

You are forgetting the black market. Laws do not affect it.
Getting rid of all guns only rids them from honest folks.
Idea idea that you an ban all guns is a fantasy.

-T

IDK what would happen here, but the experience of other countries
is that the bad guys don't then wind up out of control, killing
people with black-market guns. The murder rate in UK, CA, AU,
etc is 5 times lower. Bad guys in the UK for the most part are
not getting black-market guns and using them or their murder rate
would not be one fifth our rate.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/09/2017 10:15 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:
60 million people (mostly like you) vs 360 million....WTF?

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 12:07:37 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
You read me wrong. People that break the laws are criminal. We don't
need new laws, we need old laws being enforced.

Or stop wasting money on police and jails, but just not have any guns.

James,

You are forgetting the black market. Laws do not affect it.
Getting rid of all guns only rids them from honest folks.
Idea idea that you an ban all guns is a fantasy.

-T

IDK what would happen here, but the experience of other countries
is that the bad guys don't then wind up out of control, killing
people with black-market guns. The murder rate in UK, CA, AU,
etc is 5 times lower. Bad guys in the UK for the most part are
not getting black-market guns and using them or their murder rate
would not be one fifth our rate.

It is getting worse in the UK black market gun wise. Their
bad guys prefer knives, but that is changing. Sensible
knife control anyone? Right after sensible truck control?

Changing the tool the bad guys use -- if that is even
possible -- won't change the bad guys behavior.

Our crime, such as murder, is mainly concentrated in gun free,
Democratic controlled cities (toilets). Chicago for example.
It has a lot to do with culture in those cities. The
fatherless household rates are through the roof (70+%).

And as far as the black market goes. How about we outlaw
drugs? Alcohol while we are at it? What a wonderful society
we would have? This is wishful thinking. Guns are easier to
smuggle than drugs as there are fewer to smuggle and they
don't smell, tipping off drug dogs. And all the smuggling
channels are in place with the drug trade.

It is not possible to change the tools of the bad guys (as
Chicago can testify). Attempting to do so only leaves
the rest of us as sheep to the slaughter.

If we want to lower our crime rate, we have to remove
the racist Great Society incentives to fatherless house
holds. And good luck with that. It is cheap votes
for THAT party who wants total control over our lives
and accuses us of racism.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 1:15:13 PM UTC-5, BurfordTJustice wrote:
60 million people (mostly like you) vs 360 million....WTF?

I see you're math challenged. I said the *murder rate* in the US is
5 times that in the UK, not the total number of murders.

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 12:07:37 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
You read me wrong. People that break the laws are criminal. We don't
need new laws, we need old laws being enforced.

Or stop wasting money on police and jails, but just not have any guns.

James,

You are forgetting the black market. Laws do not affect it.
Getting rid of all guns only rids them from honest folks.
Idea idea that you an ban all guns is a fantasy.

-T

IDK what would happen here, but the experience of other countries
is that the bad guys don't then wind up out of control, killing
people with black-market guns. The murder rate in UK, CA, AU,
etc is 5 times lower. Bad guys in the UK for the most part are
not getting black-market guns and using them or their murder rate
would not be one fifth our rate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 12:07:37 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
You read me wrong. People that break the laws are criminal. We don't
need new laws, we need old laws being enforced.

Or stop wasting money on police and jails, but just not have any guns.

James,

You are forgetting the black market. Laws do not affect it.
Getting rid of all guns only rids them from honest folks.
Idea idea that you an ban all guns is a fantasy.

-T

IDK what would happen here, but the experience of other countries
is that the bad guys don't then wind up out of control, killing
people with black-market guns. The murder rate in UK, CA, AU,
etc is 5 times lower. Bad guys in the UK for the most part are
not getting black-market guns and using them or their murder rate
would not be one fifth our rate.

In the UK, the chance of being robbed is about the same as in the US.
But in the US, the likelihood of dying during such a robbery is way higher.