Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Man hailed a hero for chasing Texas church gunman after massacre

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 07:10:16 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 9:53:11 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On 2017-11-06, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
He wouldn't have killed those people at all if you had sensible gun
control.

Right, just like those people in NYC would not have been killed if we
had sensible truck control.

The difference of course is that we have 11,000 homicides a year via gun
and a handful by truck, so maybe it makes more sense to worry about guns
a whole lot more. The LV shooter, this latest shooter, it would be pretty
hard to kill and injure that many with a truck. The NYC guy, drove a mile
and killed 8.

Indeed, only a couple of truck incidents, but 307 mass shootings *so
far* this year in the US.

--
Bod

That 307 mass shooting number isn't what most reasonable people would call
a mass shooting. It's a number that uses a very low number, eg 3, to
define "mass shooting". And that's people hit, not killed. So, the vast
majority of that 307 are gang-bangers and similar, mostly shooting each
other. It's not a shooter targeting a crowd, like you had just now or
LV, etc.

Here from today's NY Times:

"The United States has 270 million guns and had 90 mass shooters between 1966 and 2012."

That number sounds realistic.

270 million guns in the USA has to be a low number. A population of
330 million people may move the number higher, perhaps even 500
million guns in the hands of Americans. We gotta keep the government
in check, you know!

As far as I can tell, no mass shooting in recent times was from an
"automatic" weapon. The LA shoot out in the Bank of America robbery
were modified AK-47s.

Buy a gun. Annoy a Liberal.

On 2017-11-06, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
[...]

I'm sure that's a lot of comfort for the dead and their families,
knowing that it wasn't a fully automatic weapon that killed them.

On 2017-11-06, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
[...]

I think you are right that there are more guns than people think. A
well cared for gun can last forever. I have a 50 year old
semi-automatic shotgun that I still hunt with. I also put thousands of
rounds through it shooting trap. I met one of the engineers that
designed the Remington 1100 and he said they figured it was good for
50,000 rounds.

These guns were bought way before background checks were needed. I
think I was about 14 years old when I went to Sears and bought a single
shot shotgun for rabbit hunting. I sold that one but did acquire a
single shot shotgun that is over 100 year old and still works.

Antique or modern muzzle loaders are not even counted as guns and there
are a lot of these around and they still work. There was a nut that
killed people in PA years ago with a cap and ball revolver.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Wed, 08 Nov 2017 15:53:06 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH troll drivel

--
****** Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) ADMITS he's a cretin:
"I will admit I am not perfect and if it was up to me I would have aborted