Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Man hailed a hero for chasing Texas church gunman after massacre

On 07/11/2017 20:37, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 07:10:16 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 9:53:11 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On 2017-11-06, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
He wouldn't have killed those people at all if you had sensible gun
control.

Right, just like those people in NYC would not have been killed if we
had sensible truck control.

The difference of course is that we have 11,000 homicides a year via gun
and a handful by truck, so maybe it makes more sense to worry about guns
a whole lot more. The LV shooter, this latest shooter, it would be pretty
hard to kill and injure that many with a truck. The NYC guy, drove a mile
and killed 8.

Indeed, only a couple of truck incidents, but 307 mass shootings *so
far* this year in the US.

--
Bod

That 307 mass shooting number isn't what most reasonable people would call
a mass shooting. It's a number that uses a very low number, eg 3, to
define "mass shooting". And that's people hit, not killed. So, the vast
majority of that 307 are gang-bangers and similar, mostly shooting each
other. It's not a shooter targeting a crowd, like you had just now or
LV, etc.

Here from today's NY Times:

"The United States has 270 million guns and had 90 mass shooters between 1966 and 2012."

That number sounds realistic.

270 million guns in the USA has to be a low number. A population of
330 million people may move the number higher, perhaps even 500
million guns in the hands of Americans. We gotta keep the government
in check, you know!

As far as I can tell, no mass shooting in recent times was from an
"automatic" weapon. The LA shoot out in the Bank of America robbery
were modified AK-47s.

Buy a gun. Annoy a Liberal.

Lol.

--