Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane stove

I have a standing propane heater/stove in my home. I have to manually turn
dial from "on" to "pilot" to turn off burners. If i dont, the stove will
continue to heat the home even after the desired temperature is reached.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1148110-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/22/2017 8:44 PM, AJ wrote:
I have a standing propane heater/stove in my home. I have to manually turn
dial from "on" to "pilot" to turn off burners. If i dont, the stove will
continue to heat the home even after the desired temperature is reached.

Well, congratulations! (I think)

Is there a question in there?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 23 Oct 2017 01:44:04 GMT, AJ
m wrote:

I have a standing propane heater/stove in my home. I have to manually turn
dial from "on" to "pilot" to turn off burners. If i dont, the stove will
continue to heat the home even after the desired temperature is reached.

Good to know.

Posted to alt.home.repair

AJ posted for all of us...

I have a standing propane heater/stove in my home. I have to manually turn
dial from "on" to "pilot" to turn off burners. If i dont, the stove will
continue to heat the home even after the desired temperature is reached.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1148110-.htm

Dat's nize! Maybe if you let the heater sit down instead of standing it
might cool down. Maybe you are dialing the stove knob instead of the heat
knob.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 8:44:08 PM UTC-5, AJ wrote:

I have a standing propane heater/stove in my home. I have to manually turn
dial from "on" to "pilot" to turn off burners. If i dont, the stove will
continue to heat the home even after the desired temperature is reached.

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1148110-.htm

Geez, how awful for you. Are you developing arthritis from performing
this task? Or is there a problem and you need an answer??

HomeMoanersHub strikes again!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/22/2017 9:44 PM, AJ wrote:
I have a standing propane heater/stove in my home. I have to manually turn
dial from "on" to "pilot" to turn off burners. If i dont, the stove will
continue to heat the home even after the desired temperature is reached.

Do you have a pilot license? FAA is pretty strict about those things.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/22/2017 8:44 PM, AJ wrote:
I have a standing propane heater/stove in my home. I have to manually
turn
dial from "on" to "pilot" to turn off burners. If i dont, the stove will
continue to heat the home even after the desired temperature is reached.

Well, congratulations! (I think)

Is there a question in there?

"Where's the "off" setting?"?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/24/2017 3:28 PM, Sam E wrote:
On 10/22/2017 8:44 PM, AJ wrote:
I have a standing propane heater/stove in my home. I have to manually
turn
dial from "on" to "pilot" to turn off burners. If i dont, the stove will
continue to heat the home even after the desired temperature is reached.

Well, congratulations! (I think)

Is there a question in there?

"Where's the "off" setting?"?

same place as the thermostat, I guess.