Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Coldspot Refrigerator Freezing

I have a Kenmore Coldspot side-by-side refrigerator, model 106.5227. The
refrigerator section is frozen, even with the temp control set all the way (or
anywhere I set it). This model has a mechanical control for the small door
between the freezer and refrigerator sections. I ordered a new thermostat.
When I took the old one out, I did a simple test - stuck it in freezer and
connected an ohmmeter. It did click open after a minute or two, so I assumed
it was working. I installed the new one and cleaned out dust etc from the
coils while I had the unit pulled out from the wall. The problem remains.
After stabilizing overnight, temperatures a freezer -20F, refrigerator 22F.

The mechanical linkage between the left knob and the small door between the
freezer and refrigerator is working. When I turn the temp control (right knob)
fully counterclockwise I think I hear the relay click.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-1148073-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 12:44:07 PM UTC-4, ds777 wrote:
[...]

The problem is both sections are too cold. The freezer should typically be
around 0F. I'd trace the circuit schematic to find out how the thermostat
works the compressor, ie is there a relay that's stuck? Short?

Kenmore Coldspot Fridge won't turn off, model M106.86087761 mm Home Repair 6 October 26th 09 05:59 AM
kenmore coldspot 106.59599992 jojo135 Home Repair 1 December 31st 06 11:27 PM
Kenmore Coldspot Fridge Noises (Yipping?) dan-wauwatosa Home Repair 4 October 6th 05 10:31 PM
Kenmore Coldspot Kevin Home Repair 3 October 29th 04 10:42 PM
Kenmore elite coldspot ice maker not working no water? toolman Home Repair 5 July 11th 03 09:04 PM