HvacTech2

Default Installing humidistat on Intertherm Central A/C unit

Hi Michael, hope you are having a nice day

On 05-Jul-04 At About 02:26:19, Michael Baugh wrote to All

MB From: "Michael Baugh"

MB It makes the A/C unit function as a whole-house dehumidifier. Makes
MB a big difference when there is less than adequate insulation,
MB and that sucker just keeps running trying to catch up with the heat.
MB During the night, the humidity can get down to being drier than in
MB the Sahara Desert, and people wake up with dry throat, dry eyes,
MB etc. The humidistat cuts that out. After all, you can have a
MB comfortable 83 degrees, or a very muggy 75 degrees. The humidity
MB is the primary factor, in spite of thermostats controlling
MB most A/C units.

MB Can you tell that I've installed one on my unit?

Nope. what you are trying to do takes a lot more than a "dehumidistat"
a humidistat is for humidifiing only, or if you have the proper equipment it
can slow the fan down to dehumidify the air more during cooling.
Those HUM terminals are for a humidifier

-= HvacTech2 =-

... "After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?" - s.w.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
HvacTech2

Hi , hope you are having a nice day

On 05-Jul-04 At About 04:51:58,
wrote to All

n From:

n HvacTech2 wrote:

n a humidistat is for humidifiing only...

n Herbach and Rademan (800) 848-8001
http://www.herbach.com sell a nice
n $4.95 Navy surplus humidistat, their item number TM89HVC5203, with
n a 20-80% range, a 3-6% differential, and a 7.5A 125V switch that
n can be wired to open _or close_ on humidity rise...

yes and the PROPER terminology for this is HUMIDITY control. not humidistat.

n if you have the proper equipment it can slow the fan down to
n dehumidify the air more during cooling.

n Sounds like a job for a dirty filter.

you are Truly an idiot.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... "Imagine if birds were tickled by feathers..." - s.w.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
Michael Baugh

It makes the A/C unit function as a whole-house dehumidifier.
Makes a big difference when there is less than adequate insulation,
and that sucker just keeps running trying to catch up with the heat.
During the night, the humidity can get down to being drier than in
the Sahara Desert, and people wake up with dry throat, dry eyes, etc.
The humidistat cuts that out.
After all, you can have a comfortable 83 degrees, or a very muggy
75 degrees. The humidity is the primary factor, in spite of thermostats
controlling most A/C units.

Can you tell that I've installed one on my unit?

HvacTech2 wrote in message

Did you install a humidifier? what is the purpose in installing this
humidistat? ( what are you trying to achieve?)

m Ransley

I realy dont know if it will work for you, you say it gets Too dry, but
runs all night to cool? well set the temp higher. You wont cool the
way you want it or add moisture.

Normaly the problem is reversed to much humidity in summer, Then you
need a VS DC [ Did you Hear that Daves Heating ] with low low
speed.

A real slow speed removes more moisture , faster speed less, raise the
speed, but its probably on high, get Plants or a Humidifer.

HvacTech2 wrote:

a humidistat is for humidifiing only...

Herbach and Rademan (800) 848-8001 http://www.herbach.com sell a nice
$4.95 Navy surplus humidistat, their item number TM89HVC5203, with a
20-80% range, a 3-6% differential, and a 7.5A 125V switch that can be
wired to open _or close_ on humidity rise...

if you have the proper equipment it can slow the fan down to dehumidify
the air more during cooling.

Sounds like a job for a dirty filter.

Nick

HvacTech2

Hi Michael, hope you are having a nice day

On 05-Jul-04 At About 12:42:51, Michael Baugh wrote to All

MB From: "Michael Baugh"

MB I took a garden-variety Aprilaire humidity sensing unit (call it what
MB you want, I'll call it a humidistat), rewired it to 'make' on
MB humidity rise, wired it in series to my setback thermostat. Welcome
MB to read my comments from 2 or 3 years ago if you know how to do a
MB proper Google search. I believe I also mentioned that my utility
MB bill went down, too.

If you wired it in series it would keep the cooling off until humidity rises.
not dehumidify.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... "Aw mom, you act like I'm not even wearing a bunji cord!"

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
Michael Baugh

I took a garden-variety Aprilaire humidity sensing unit
(call it what you want, I'll call it a humidistat), rewired it to
'make' on humidity rise, wired it in series to my setback
thermostat. Welcome to read my comments from 2 or 3 years
ago if you know how to do a proper Google search.
I believe I also mentioned that my utility bill went down, too.

[...]

Michael Baugh

Think about what you just wrote.

It is controlling an A/C, keeping it off till the humidity rises.
Exactly as you said.
Then the A/C comes on, serves as a whole-house dehumidifier.
Which is its function. If you can't see the value of that, I suggest
you go to HVAC school.

HvacTech2 wrote in message
If you wired it in series it would keep the cooling off until humidity

rises.
not dehumidify.

-= HvacTech2 =-

HvacTech2

Hi Michael, hope you are having a nice day

On 05-Jul-04 At About 14:09:52, Michael Baugh wrote to All

MB From: "Michael Baugh"

MB Think about what you just wrote.

MB It is controlling an A/C, keeping it off till the humidity rises.
MB Exactly as you said. Then the A/C comes on, serves as a whole-house
MB dehumidifier. Which is its function. If you can't see the value
MB of that, I suggest you go to HVAC school.

You need some kind of training yourself. I have done this for almost 30 years
now and am more qualified than you to answer these questions. the purpose
of an a/c is to cool not dehumidify. with mine I have it set at 76 degrees
and it dehumidifies just fine and I am quite comfortable. and I didn't need
to spend extra money on the controls that you did. you see adding that
control didn't really do anything for you but I know that you can't see that.
I can also see that no matter how much I try to explain it to you you will
not understand as you have this wrong idea set in your mind. This is my last
message on the subject.

-= HvacTech2 =-

-= HvacTech2 =-

... Michael! Don't chew on that@#~!... NO CARRIER