Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to plumb waste from outbuilding

Hello Newsgroup,

It's been a while since I've thrown my hat in here. I will undoubtedly
remember some of you, as you might me, even though I change 'nyms every
several years. It doesn't make any sense to be "Cal Dershowitz" when you
no longer live in California. Indeed, I live in US state of Washington,
in Clark County, the city of Vancouver, and the shadow of Cascades.
We've had a rough end of summer as the Columbia Gorge has raged. I drove
through it the day before it was closed, and I will never forget when I
saw Smoke on the Water and Fire in the Sky.

The outbuilding is called "the cottage." It's to be turned into a
mother-in-law suite and therefore requires a ****ter. The drain-waste
will extend to the nearest, deepest point of the existing house
plumbing, which, blessedly, is exposed to this outbuilding so as to not
have to dig under the house to find it. The drain-waste-vent exits the
property on the far side at a distance of 8' below grade, so if we have
to go with a plan B on where we hook in, then we can circumvent the
house entirely.

I take as a given that we live in the world where 1/4" per foot is the
minimal slope. (Is this code?) The toilet will sit 6 feet off one wall
and 5 feet off another. As the drain leaves the outbuilding, it would be
at an angle of about 30 degrees off the angle of incidence. I do not
know what exists in terms of footings, but I do know that it was not
built by morons. It passed all the relevant inspections, and the upgrade
of this space will be above the board with the city and county, because
we're not morons.lab on grad

How far do I have to go down under the toilet before I turn? (Slab on
grade concrete exists.)

What do I do about getting through a footer? Do I have to go under?

What about coming at off of square?

Thanks for your comments, and be of good cheer, or I will killfile you,
--
fred flintstone
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to plumb **** from my hairy ass

On 09/29/2017 09:39 AM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 9/29/2017 9:02 AM, fred flintstone wrote:
Hello Newsgroup,

It's been a while since I've thrown my hat in here. I will undoubtedly
remember some of you, as you might me, even though I change 'nyms
every several years.

Just **** right off, asswipe.
LOL

plonk, and taking suggestions for a killfile
--
fred