Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Why didn't TV networks show angry, booing NFL fans Sunday or Monday?

Political Correctness is going to kill the NFL. Fans are tuning out and some advertisers are pulling out. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...a1p7ktogwfftzs

https://tinyurl.com/ybacexq6

[8~{} Uncle Ballsy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/28/2017 5:39 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Political Correctness is going to kill the NFL. Fans are tuning out and some advertisers are pulling out. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...a1p7ktogwfftzs

https://tinyurl.com/ybacexq6

[8~{} Uncle Ballsy Monster

Who watches the NFL these days?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/28/2017 6:39 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Political Correctness is going to kill the NFL. Fans are tuning out and some advertisers are pulling out. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...a1p7ktogwfftzs

https://tinyurl.com/ybacexq6

[8~{} Uncle Ballsy Monster

It could happen fast and its their own fault for letting it happen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 6:16:48 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 9/28/2017 6:39 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Political Correctness is going to kill the NFL. Fans are tuning out and some advertisers are pulling out. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...a1p7ktogwfftzs

https://tinyurl.com/ybacexq6

[8~{} Uncle Ballsy Monster

It could happen fast and its their own fault for letting it happen.

Did the owners of the NFL teams and TV networks not notice who was elected President of The United States after 8 years of a Commiecrat in The White House?! It's time they told the spoiled overpaid jocks to STFU and behave themselves. The owners are learning a hard lesson about alienating their fans, the very source of their income. I hate football anyway and have never watched it. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Non-fan Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 5:48:36 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 9/28/2017 5:39 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Political Correctness is going to kill the NFL. Fans are tuning out and some advertisers are pulling out. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...a1p7ktogwfftzs

https://tinyurl.com/ybacexq6

[8~{} Uncle Ballsy Monster

Who watches the NFL these days?
--
Maggie

I despise football and everything about the football culture. I was born back in the middle of the last century when my parents were students at The University of Alabama so my hatred of football makes me an evil heretic. My father was an über-fan of the silly game and would park himself in front of the TV whenever a game was on. I'd grab a book and go find a quiet spot so I could get away from the noise. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Bookish Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/28/2017 11:40 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 6:16:48 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 9/28/2017 6:39 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Political Correctness is going to kill the NFL. Fans are tuning out and some advertisers are pulling out. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...a1p7ktogwfftzs

https://tinyurl.com/ybacexq6

[8~{} Uncle Ballsy Monster

It could happen fast and its their own fault for letting it happen.

Did the owners of the NFL teams and TV networks not notice who was elected President of The United States after 8 years of a Commiecrat in The White House?! It's time they told the spoiled overpaid jocks to STFU and behave themselves. The owners are learning a hard lesson about alienating their fans, the very source of their income. I hate football anyway and have never watched it. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Non-fan Monster

The level of greed instills a blind eye for the owners who continue to
pay high dollars in order to win. Winning brings in more money. The love
of playing the game in any sport has vanished and replaced by how much
money can I earn.

Years ago when the MLB strike occurred due to the players demand of more
money, I stopped watching and haven't taken an interest since then. IMO,
a fat athlete who often has few interactions with the play of the game
and is more inactive than other vigorous sports shouldn't be paid many
millions of dollars. Those high dollars rebound back to the fans who
have to pay higher costs if they want to take their family to a game.

Now, with this political bull**** entering sports, these selfish
ignorant crybabies are butthurt and take advantage of the limelight
opportunity to express their emotion. They should be fired. How many
other common employers would tolerate that? Not many. We all know people
have been fired for expressing themselves on a social media page. This
is no different.

It's not about freedom of speech, it's about being right. They simply
use that as an excuse. Freedom of speech should be done on your own time
and even then, as I stated, they can still have repercussions. Using it
while being paid at your job should cost them that job, I don't give a
damn how good they are at it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, September 29, 2017 at 6:58:31 AM UTC-4, Meanie wrote:
[...]

Compare the coverage that Tebow got when he kneeled in prayer before
games. Networks called it "polarizing" and questioned why it should
be done at a game. And note he didn't do it while disrespecting the
flag and violating NFL rules. I heard discussion on the radio, that
some Dallas Cowboys players wanted to honor the Dallas cops that
were assassinated, they went about it the right way, asked for approval,
it was denied. Some other players wanted to do something to commemorate
9/11, they too were denied. That's the hypocrisy that so many of us
are fed up with.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, September 29, 2017 at 5:58:31 AM UTC-5, Meanie wrote:
[...]

If the fans stop watching the games on TV, stop attending the games and stop buying any of the merchandise, what will become of those multi million dollar salaries for those illiterate dumbasses? The insanity of paying a college football coach millions of dollars while paying a Nobel Prize winning physics professor a mere pittance will stop. Giving illiterate dumbass football players passing grades because they are needed to play football for the school then giving them a diploma so they can play pro football will come to an end. Schools should concentrate on turning out scholars, physicians, scientists and engineers instead of football players. The money is too good.. Colleges remind me of puppy mills except that they're players mills for the NFL. I watched "The Dumbassification of America" come about in my lifetime because the country stopped producing anything except entertainment. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/29/2017 5:59 AM, Meanie wrote:
[...]

opportunity to express their emotion.Â* They should be fired. How many
other common employers would tolerate that? Not many. We all know people
have been fired for expressing themselves on a social media page. This
is no different.

It's not about freedom of speech, it's about being right. They simply
use that as an excuse. Freedom of speech should be done on your own time
and even then, as I stated, they can still have repercussions. Using it
while being paid at your job should cost them that job, I don't give a
damn how good they are at it.

Don't stop.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/29/2017 10:39 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Keep on preaching!

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/29/2017 11:39 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Agreed, unfortunately, many don't give a damn. I like football and thus
far, my favorite team hasn't publicized any political crap. Therefore,
I'll watch. But if they do, I'm done and the only remaining sport I
watch now is hockey. IMO, the NHL has always been displayed with some of
the most classiest athletes and hopefully that remains. One can watch an
awards show or other NHL event and they will notice class acts starting
with the dress style to their mannerism and overall attitude. The truth
lies within the race majority in each sport.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/29/2017 04:29 PM, Meanie wrote:
The truth lies within the race majority in each sport.

Try hurling. Even the sliotar is white Lacrosse is a good bet too.

Ralph McInerny was a professor at Notre Dame but also wrote mysteries
like the Father Dowling series. There was also a series set at Notre
Dame like 'Irish Tenure'. He was a Catholic traditionalist and could
have an acid tongue at times. One of my favorite quips was 'the Fighting
Southern Baptists of Notre Dame'.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 6:39:27 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
Political Correctness is going to kill the NFL. Fans are tuning out and some advertisers are pulling out. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...a1p7ktogwfftzs

https://tinyurl.com/ybacexq6

[8~{} Uncle Ballsy Monster

Ratings. The networks don't want to remind viewers about the controversy and
risk their ratings. Ratings translate to advertising revenue. It's all
about the money.

Advertisers don't want their products associated with a controversy.
Remember Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction"?

Cindy Hamilton