Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Default Question about plumber's responsibility for a leak that didn't show up right away

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:38:14 -0500, "Toddro" wrote:

"Handplanes" wrote in message
Hi. I very recently noticed some mold in the den under the master
bathroom. The mold was up by the ceiling where it meets the wall -
tthe tub is above that so I knew it wasn't good. The bathroom above
was remodeled about four years ago and all of the plumbing was
replaced.
Any and all replies will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nick

You answered your own question.

No contract, and _usually_ there is a one year warranty. Now, 4 years later
you discover a leak.

Who is to say, you didn't have a heat failure, and the cold started to
burst the pipes there. Who is to say, someone didn't puncture the plumbers
work with a drywall screw.

Your thinking the plumber is some how responsible 4 years later, is utterly
ludicrous.

Quit being an ass.

What would I do? I'd call the plumber and tell him I've got it all
opened up and have found a foulty solder joint. Would he like to come
and redo it for me ? I'd tell him I'm not holding him responsible for
the damage done but would appreciate if he'd make good on the actual
plumbing repair.
My guesss is if he's any kind of a man at all he'll agree and look
after it. .

Either that or I'd just fix it myself - since I'm capable and have all
the required tools.

Question about plumber's responsibility for a leak that didn'tshow up right away dpb Home Repair 1 January 14th 09 11:02 PM
Plumber's Crack aspasia Home Repair 0 September 30th 06 05:26 AM
shipping responsibility question daniel peterman Metalworking 0 March 6th 06 09:44 PM
Drains leak with plumber's putty Greg Home Repair 9 May 19th 05 08:58 PM