Posted to alt.home.repair

Default NBC's 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Take Hit Amid Player Protests

Frank posted for all of us...

I don't watch NFL since it became highly commercial years ago.

+1

Now that they have politicized the game, interest will drop considerably.

+1

Crash and burn could come fast as ad revenue drops and sponsors withdraw.

+1

Players are killing the goose that lays their golden eggs.

+1

I understand the NFL is tax exempt-in some way. This should be changed.

I never worked at a job where I could express my views in such a manner.
--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/27/2017 2:41 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Frank posted for all of us...

I don't watch NFL since it became highly commercial years ago.

+1

Now that they have politicized the game, interest will drop considerably.

+1

Crash and burn could come fast as ad revenue drops and sponsors withdraw.

+1

Players are killing the goose that lays their golden eggs.

+1

I understand the NFL is tax exempt-in some way. This should be changed.

I never worked at a job where I could express my views in such a manner.

I think a third of the NFL stadiums were paid for in large part by the
taxpayers. The team will hold the city at ransom threatening to leave.
Then they sell out to the highest bidder.

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/nfl-...-pay/541701917

Several years ago I saw Walter Williams on Philly TV discussing the
Phillies subsidy. Guy told Walter that taxpayers like the team and were
willing to pay. Walter says he likes his car and would like others that
like it to pay for it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 16:21:05 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

I think a third of the NFL stadiums were paid for in large part by the
taxpayers. The team will hold the city at ransom threatening to leave.
Then they sell out to the highest bidder.

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/nfl-...-pay/541701917

Several years ago I saw Walter Williams on Philly TV discussing the
Phillies subsidy. Guy told Walter that taxpayers like the team and were
willing to pay. Walter says he likes his car and would like others that
like it to pay for it.

Sounds like I like Walter. It ****es me off the highest level of
****ivity that may taxes go to government schools where students don't
learn squat and the teachers rape them before age of consent. Spit!!

When the Raiders come to Las Vegas, the crime from LA, Oakland will
come with it. ... and the damn traffic. Spit!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 2:41:25 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
Frank posted for all of us...

I don't watch NFL since it became highly commercial years ago.

+1

Now that they have politicized the game, interest will drop considerably.

+1

Crash and burn could come fast as ad revenue drops and sponsors withdraw.

+1

Players are killing the goose that lays their golden eggs.

+1

I understand the NFL is tax exempt-in some way. This should be changed.

Please share the cite for that.

I never worked at a job where I could express my views in such a manner.
--
Tekkie

Me neither. Nor would I ever have even thought of using any employer's
business to promote my political cause. These players are nothing more
than selfish celebrities full of themselves.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/27/2017 02:47 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 16:21:05 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

I think a third of the NFL stadiums were paid for in large part by the
taxpayers. The team will hold the city at ransom threatening to leave.
Then they sell out to the highest bidder.

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/nfl-...-pay/541701917

Several years ago I saw Walter Williams on Philly TV discussing the
Phillies subsidy. Guy told Walter that taxpayers like the team and were
willing to pay. Walter says he likes his car and would like others that
like it to pay for it.

Sounds like I like Walter. It ****es me off the highest level of
****ivity that may taxes go to government schools where students don't
learn squat and the teachers rape them before age of consent. Spit!!

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/20/tw...ouse-cops-say/

Traumatized? Give me a frigging break. They must be building male
teenagers differently these days.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/15/ma...-with-teacher/

Screw the teacher and get a million bucks? Where did I go wrong? Of
course my high school teachers were all about 100 years old so that
might have been traumatic.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/27/2017 11:49 PM, rbowman wrote:
[...]

It blows my mind. When I was a teenager I hoped to get "assaulted" and
would never complain if it did. Never did happen though. Like you, all
my teachers were as old as my grandmother.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 posted for all of us...

[...]

Sorry can't cite about the tax exempt status. I remember this was quoted
when colon started his protest. I know the stadiums get built with taxpayer
assistance. All the vendors are employed by the boss' cartels. Do we support
any other private money making schemes like this? Besides the alternative
energy alliance...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/30/2017 4:59 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
trader_4 posted for all of us...

[...]

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebat...-is-irrelevant

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 5:56:37 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Thanks for that. So, looks like the league is tax exempt, but the
teams are not. That makes some sense. Someone else though brought up
an angle I had not thought about, which is that most of the stadiums
were built with tax breaks or outright subsidies from govt taxpayer
money. So there is that angle, which is probably a big example of
how taxpayers are subsidizing them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/30/2017 7:42 PM, trader_4 wrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebat...-is-irrelevant

Thanks for that. So, looks like the league is tax exempt, but the
teams are not. That makes some sense. Someone else though brought up
an angle I had not thought about, which is that most of the stadiums
were built with tax breaks or outright subsidies from govt taxpayer
money. So there is that angle, which is probably a big example of
how taxpayers are subsidizing them.

Sports is big business. Talk about greed
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...t-city-leaked/
And the Minneapolis Star-Tribune revealed over the weekend how: a lot of
concessions. The newspaper obtained and posted on their site a copy of
the NFL's "Host City Bid Specifications and Requirements."
It shouldn't be a major surprise, but the NFL typically gets what it
wants. Also: the Super Bowl functions as a gigantic corporate
sponsorship fest. (No stunner there.)
A few interesting items that caught our eye while combing through the
153-page document.
NFL controls "100 percent of the revenues from all ticket sales"
including "ticket sales in all suites" and the NFL "must have exclusive
access to all club seats"
NFL requires a "climate-controlled domed stadium" if average temperature
for that region falls below 50 degrees
"Postgame removal of the field shall be of no cost to the NFL" unless it
wants to remove parts of the field "for the sale of licensed products"
"Exclusive, cost-free use of 35,000" parking spaces for gameday parking
The NFL has the "option to install ATMs that accept NFL preferred
credit/debit cards in exchange for cash" and to cover up other ATMs.
Team hotels must agree to televise the NFL Network for one year leading
up to the Super Bowl
If cellular service is too weak at the team hotels (based on the "sole
discretion of the NFL"), the Host Committee must install boosters and/or
cell antennas.
"Local enforcement officers will be provided to the NFL" for
anti-counterfeit enforcement teams "at not cost to the NFL."
Full tax exemption from city, state and local taxes for tickets sold to
the Super Bowl (and also the NFL Experience, the NFL Honors show and
"other NFL Official Events").
"The NFL shall receive priority over all other ice and snow removal
projects, except those that directly threaten life or public safety."
Tons of advertising for the NFL Experience: 1,500 ratings points on TV
stations, 20 pages of color ads in local newspapers and a 12-page fan
guide inserted twice, 250 live or pre-recorded radio spots on six local
stations and 10 billboards.
Under "additional facilities" the NFL requires the usage of three golf
courses and two bowling lanes: