Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Radiator valve/knob is stuck on hottest

Hi, I don't know anything about home repair and need some help. I've just
moved into a place for my second year of uni, and it seems like the house
we've moved into is in quite a state. Most of it we can fix or ignore but the
worst issue is a radiator knob that is completely stuck on the hottest amount.
Right now we don't need it to even be on, let alone to be heating so much, so
right now it's just wasting a ton of energy, not good for bills on a student
budget. It moves very slightly but this has no impact on the heat We don't
have any tools, but are thinking of buying some pliers to try and force it,
but looking online, this seems like it can also break the valve.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/at
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/au

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/25/2017 8:14 AM, DodoEgg wrote:
Hi, I don't know anything about home repair and need some help. I've just
moved into a place for my second year of uni, and it seems like the house
we've moved into is in quite a state. Most of it we can fix or ignore
but the
worst issue is a radiator knob that is completely stuck on the hottest
amount.
Right now we don't need it to even be on, let alone to be heating so
much, so
right now it's just wasting a ton of energy, not good for bills on a
student
budget. It moves very slightly but this has no impact on the heat We don't
have any tools, but are thinking of buying some pliers to try and force it,
but looking online, this seems like it can also break the valve.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/at
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/au

Renting? Call the landlord before you break it and lose your security
deposit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/25/17 10:03 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Renting?Â* Call the landlord before you break it and lose your security
deposit.

+1

--
$20 trillion debt, North Korea firing missiles, devastation from major
hurricanes....and 98% of media oxygen is consumed over meaningless