Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manual transmission?

How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manual transmission?

I have never done it, but it's generally cheaper to buy the tools and do it
yourself than to pay someone else. Plus you generally get better parts.

I've never done a clutch.
This is a Toyota 4Runner 1998 2WD with the W59 5-speed.

Anyone have any idea what I'll need besides a transmission lift?

Have you done a clutch?
How hard is it?

If you ask what work I've done, I've done cooling system overhauls, and
alternator replacements and the like when needed.