Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paint to use on the lip of the inside of dryer??

The paint in front of my dryer vent tray is starting to peel paint. Looks
like it got scratched some how. It's right when you open the dryer door, and
it's right in front of the vent tray on the white part of the dryer (Not the
drum). Any suggestions on NON-Flammable paint? I called rustoleum, and they
said I couldn't use their epoxy appliance paint because it's flammable around
heat. I need suggestions. Thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-1144534-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 12:14:13 PM UTC-5, Nicole Penland wrote:
The paint in front of my dryer vent tray is starting to peel paint. Looks
like it got scratched some how. It's right when you open the dryer door, and
it's right in front of the vent tray on the white part of the dryer (Not the
drum). Any suggestions on NON-Flammable paint? I called rustoleum, and they
said I couldn't use their epoxy appliance paint because it's flammable around
heat. I need suggestions. Thanks
--

I find it a bit puzzling that "appliance" paint would be flammable after it dries. What on earth would you paint an appliance with to start with? There is heat resistant spray paint available from many retailers. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleu...1830/100189390

https://tinyurl.com/yctulgjg

[8~{} Uncle Painted Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/18/2017 1:14 PM, Nicole Penland wrote:
The paint in front of my dryer vent tray is starting to peel paint.* Looks
like it got scratched some how.* It's right when you open the dryer
door, and
it's right in front of the vent tray on the white part of the dryer (Not
the
drum).* Any suggestions on NON-Flammable paint?* I called rustoleum, and
they
said I couldn't use their epoxy appliance paint because it's flammable
around
heat.* I need suggestions.* Thanks

I think their paint is safe to use when fully dried. Wife uses it on
our microwave oven. The solvents in the paint are the main flammability
concern and you would not want to use a lot of it and immediately turn
on the drier. This is just common sense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/18/2017 1:14 PM, Nicole Penland wrote:
The paint in front of my dryer vent tray is starting to peel paint.* Looks
like it got scratched some how.* It's right when you open the dryer
door, and
it's right in front of the vent tray on the white part of the dryer (Not
the
drum).* Any suggestions on NON-Flammable paint?* I called rustoleum, and
they
said I couldn't use their epoxy appliance paint because it's flammable
around
heat.* I need suggestions.* Thanks

The person you spoke to is an idiot. Yes, it is flammable when you
apply it but I doubt you will apply it when the dryer is operating. The
specs on the paint say it is suitable for laundry equipment, but not for
oven interiors or stove tops. See this below.

"Can i use this on dryer exterior?" Can i use this on dryer exterior?
Expand This Question
JanKin on 08/17/2017
1
Answer
ANSWER THIS QUESTIONAnswer this Question
Rust-OleumSupport
Rust-OleumSupport on 08/18/2017
We like how you think! Rust-Oleum Specialty Appliance Epoxy Spray is a
hard, moisture resistant enamel that is suitable for indoor metal
surfaces. It provides a smooth, washable surface for refinishing the
exterior of appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers, laundry
machines, dryers and other indoor metal applications such as tables or
cabinets.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 17:14:02 GMT, Nicole Penland
m wrote:

The paint in front of my dryer vent tray is starting to peel paint. Looks
like it got scratched some how. It's right when you open the dryer door, and
it's right in front of the vent tray on the white part of the dryer (Not the
drum). Any suggestions on NON-Flammable paint? I called rustoleum, and they
said I couldn't use their epoxy appliance paint because it's flammable around
heat. I need suggestions. Thanks

http://www.rustoleum.com/product-cat...gh-heat-spray/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 1:56:14 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

It's hotter inside the door, where this will be going, than in the
exterior as described above. But I think it's not all that hot and
it will work fine too. Agree that whoever they talked to is an idiot,
even if it doesn't work, it's not a flamability issue.

There are also touch up paints made for appliances, that would work too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/18/17 1:14 PM, Nicole Penland wrote:
The paint in front of my dryer vent tray is starting to peel paint.* Looks
like it got scratched some how.* It's right when you open the dryer
door, and
it's right in front of the vent tray on the white part of the dryer (Not
the
drum).* Any suggestions on NON-Flammable paint?* I called rustoleum, and
they
said I couldn't use their epoxy appliance paint because it's flammable
around
heat.* I need suggestions.* Thanks

There are high-temp automotive paints used for engine and component
painting.

--
Prior to capitalism, people amassed great wealth by looting,
plundering, and enslaving their fellow man. Capitalism made it possible
Posted to alt.home.repair

It's not hot enough to melt or burn your clothes, I can't see how paint is going to be less resistant than that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 11:03:28 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

On 9/18/17 1:14 PM, Nicole Penland wrote:
The paint in front of my dryer vent tray is starting to peel paint.* Looks
like it got scratched some how.* It's right when you open the dryer
door, and
it's right in front of the vent tray on the white part of the dryer (Not
the
drum).* Any suggestions on NON-Flammable paint?* I called rustoleum, and
they
said I couldn't use their epoxy appliance paint because it's flammable
around
heat.* I need suggestions.* Thanks

There are high-temp automotive paints used for engine and component
painting.

It's not flammable at 200F after it is cured. I would use any epoxy
enamel made fur appliance touchup - let it cure well before using.

Engine paint isn't what you are looking for. Porc-a-fix touch-up glaze
is available at Home Depot in Canada - likely in the US too - $6.89
Canadian.
Home Despot in the US carries Rustoleum Gloss White Aplliance Touchup
for $3.36. It can be used to touch up your range which gets a lot
hotter than a clothes drier.

Rona carries Porc-A-Fix in the US as well as Dynamic Appliance
Touch-up enamel.$7.59 and $7.15 US.