Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Hurricane Preparations

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 01:31:32 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 10:39:01 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 09:25:09 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

How rednecks prepare for a hurricane. ?(?)?

https://i.imgur.com/KUNAFiy.jpg

[8~{} Uncle Windy Monster

I imagine they were really just trying to strap down the roof.

Hey Greg! Are you OK? Have you suffered any damage? That darn storm is supposed to hit Birmingham today or tomorrow and a lot of schools and other institutions are not going to open on Monday and Tuesday. There are some low lying areas in town that could flood if there is a lot of rain. At 3:30am here it's very quiet but I expect that to change. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Dry Monster

We did OK, no serious problems but I do have to reevaluate my love for
POTS phones. I was Amish for a week.
OTOH Comcast (hardline) is still laying in the road so that is not the
answer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

How rednecks prepare for a hurricane. ?(?)?

https://i.imgur.com/KUNAFiy.jpg

[8~{} Uncle Windy Monster

I imagine they were really just trying to strap down the roof.

Hey Greg! Are you OK? Have you suffered any damage? That darn storm is supposed to hit Birmingham today or tomorrow and a lot of schools and other institutions are not going to open on Monday and Tuesday. There are some low lying areas in town that could flood if there is a lot of rain. At 3:30am here it's very quiet but I expect that to change. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Dry Monster

We did OK, no serious problems but I do have to reevaluate my love for
POTS phones. I was Amish for a week.
OTOH Comcast (hardline) is still laying in the road so that is not the
answer.

I'm glad you're OK my friend. Are you in the path of the new storms coming? I just heard on the news that Hurricane Maria may miss Florida but those damn storms are unpredictable. Be safe. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Concerned Monster

The eye of the hurricane - Eye of the hurricane.JPG John Fields Electronic Schematics 45 February 1st 10 12:43 AM
Part-P preparations. Not strictly DIY. Ed Sirett UK diy 49 April 2nd 05 12:11 AM
Hurricane Juan chem Metalworking 1 September 30th 03 12:05 AM
?? on storing hurricane lumber GBsCards Woodworking 0 September 22nd 03 02:56 AM