GBsCards

Default ?? on storing hurricane lumber

I have some beech and oak trees that I lost during hurricane Isabel. I have
the trunks at home waiting for a friend to mill them, but I also have some
unuasually large and straight limbs. I was told they would be good for leg
blanks for wood turning and such. I have pieces that range in size from 2' to
6' long and range in diameter from 3 inches to 10 or 11 inches. There has to
be some good use for this wood. The question is if I want to store it
semi-long term (about 3-6 months) before I get around to cutting it up should I
paint the ends or anything? Is there something standard I should do to have a
greater chance of haveing great wood when I need to mill it? Thanks.