Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

Default Disgusting 'fatberg' longer than two soccer fields clogs Londonsewer

On 9/12/2017 6:10 PM, The Todal wrote:
On 12/09/2017 20:59, BurfordTJustice wrote:

Some 820 feet long, the fatberg is blocking a Victorian stretch of sewer
more than twice the length of two soccer fields.

Work on the disgusting mass, which is below the streets of London's
historic
Whitechapel area, started this week. An eight-strong team of workers are
using high-powered jet hoses to break up the fatberg before sucking it
out

The Thames Water representative gave a useful interview to the LBC
presenter today.

The only things that should be put down a toilet are the Three Pees.
Pee, pooh and (toilet) paper.* Not kitchen wipes, not even wet-wipe
toilet tissues and obviously not cotton buds or tampons.

Why do do many people put unsuitable stuff down the toilet? Possibly
because they aren't sure which refuse bin it ought to go in?

Most people have no idea how a sewer works. You put something in the
toilet, pull the handle, it is gone. They do not know and do not care
what else happens. Flush, gone, done. Nothing else to know or care
about. Maybe they should add a stupidity tax to the water/sewer bill.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

On 9/12/2017 4:02 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

When we were kids, we had a guy next door who joined a religion that
told them to keep a year's worth of food on hand. They had some god
awful stuff, along with wheat to be milled at home, etc. This guy had a
container of some sort of soy powder or something that he wanted to toss
out. So instead of putting it in the trash, he dumps all the powder
into the sink and washed it down. He ended up with a blockage like
concrete. My brother and I couldn't snake it out, so we ended up just
flushing a lot of water and having it come back at us little by little.
We finally got it cleared, but what a mess (which we left for him to
clean up). A couple of kids, one a pre-teen, had to bail out this
"adult". What a dope.

03/17/07 Reuters: Two bodies found in Mosul: The bodies of two men and two women were found in various districts of Mosul on Friday. Two infants were found alive beside the two dead women, police said. BGKM Woodworking 0 March 17th 07 08:14 PM
John Fields Richard Harris Electronics 3 March 15th 06 02:41 PM
J Fields John Fields Electronics 2 May 24th 05 04:20 AM
electron gun(s) and magnetic fields Gary DeWitt Electronics Repair 18 November 15th 04 07:51 PM