Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT...... 'Self-driving' lorries to be tested on UK roads

Small convoys of partially driverless lorries will be tried out on major
British roads by the end of next year, the government has announced.
A contract has been awarded to the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL)
to carry out the tests of vehicle "platoons".
Up to three lorries will travel in formation, with acceleration and
braking controlled by the lead vehicle.
But the head of the AA said platoons raised safety concerns.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41038220
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 12:36:33 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
Small convoys of partially driverless lorries will be tried out on major
British roads by the end of next year, the government has announced.
A contract has been awarded to the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL)
to carry out the tests of vehicle "platoons".
Up to three lorries will travel in formation, with acceleration and
braking controlled by the lead vehicle.
But the head of the AA said platoons raised safety concerns.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41038220

It will be a hijackers paradise. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Jacked Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25/08/2017 09:36, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 12:36:33 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
Small convoys of partially driverless lorries will be tried out on major
British roads by the end of next year, the government has announced.
A contract has been awarded to the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL)
to carry out the tests of vehicle "platoons".
Up to three lorries will travel in formation, with acceleration and
braking controlled by the lead vehicle.
But the head of the AA said platoons raised safety concerns.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41038220

It will be a hijackers paradise. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Jacked Monster

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Also I'd expect some yobbos to deliberately place full sized mannikins
in the path of the self driving trucks, which will obviously make the
autonomous trucks stop with the onboard computer scratching it's head
and wondering what to do , just for kicks.

I'll also bet that some yobbos will work out how to make these vehicles
crash etc, by gaining control using Wi-Fi.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 15:39:41 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Funny how that doesn't happen with automatic cars.

Idiot! tsk

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) deep "thinking":
"I don't wear underwear, but boxers are more comfortable than briefs. Why
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 09:45:12 +0100, Bod wrote:

[...]

Driverless cars are prone to hacks, but automakers aren't addressing ...
uk.businessinsider.com/driverless-cars-hacking-ricks-2016-12
15 Dec 2016 - But that kind of hack can have other consequences, too.
..... Department of Motor Vehicles for not obtaining an autonomous car
permit for them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It will be a hijackers paradise. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Jacked Monster

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Also I'd expect some yobbos to deliberately place full sized mannikins
in the path of the self driving trucks, which will obviously make the
autonomous trucks stop with the onboard computer scratching it's head
and wondering what to do , just for kicks.

I'll also bet that some yobbos will work out how to make these vehicles
crash etc, by gaining control using Wi-Fi.

Funny how that doesn't happen with automatic cars.

Driverless cars are prone to hacks, but automakers aren't addressing ...
uk.businessinsider.com/driverless-cars-hacking-ricks-2016-12
15 Dec 2016 - But that kind of hack can have other consequences, too.
.... Department of Motor Vehicles for not obtaining an autonomous car
permit for them.

Show us some proper stats for the number of accidents caused by drivers
and by autonomous cars, you may include hacked ones if you wish.Â* I
guarantee the drivers are far more dangerous.Â* In fact I think it was
you who told me before that it was a factor of 20.

There's only a few autonomous cars on the road at the moment. The
hacking will start when those cars become far more prevalent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/25/2017 1:47 PM, Bod wrote:

Driverless cars are prone to hacks, but automakers aren't addressing ...
uk.businessinsider.com/driverless-cars-hacking-ricks-2016-12
15 Dec 2016 - But that kind of hack can have other consequences, too.
.... Department of Motor Vehicles for not obtaining an autonomous car
permit for them.

I would think they are smart enough to know some feature for
anti-hacking are needed and they will be secure.

Meantime, this is what my car is capable of. It is very capable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbjdmw8D9-Y
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 19:26:12 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Show us some proper stats for the number of accidents caused by drivers
and by autonomous cars, you may include hacked ones if you wish. I
guarantee the drivers are far more dangerous. In fact I think it was you
who told me before that it was a factor of 20.

NO car of any make could ever drive as dangerously as YOU, Birdbrain!

--
Pathological road rowdy Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Law abiding is for the weak. I often break 6 traffic laws simultaneously."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 1:41:44 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/25/2017 1:47 PM, Bod wrote:

Driverless cars are prone to hacks, but automakers aren't addressing ....
uk.businessinsider.com/driverless-cars-hacking-ricks-2016-12
15 Dec 2016 - But that kind of hack can have other consequences, too.
.... Department of Motor Vehicles for not obtaining an autonomous car
permit for them.

I would think they are smart enough to know some feature for
anti-hacking are needed and they will be secure.

Meantime, this is what my car is capable of. It is very capable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbjdmw8D9-Y

Was your car manufactured at the Alabama plant? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Bama Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/25/2017 1:47 PM, Bod wrote:

Driverless cars are prone to hacks, but automakers aren't addressing ...
uk.businessinsider.com/driverless-cars-hacking-ricks-2016-12
15 Dec 2016 - But that kind of hack can have other consequences, too..
.... Department of Motor Vehicles for not obtaining an autonomous car
permit for them.

I would think they are smart enough to know some feature for
anti-hacking are needed and they will be secure.

Meantime, this is what my car is capable of. It is very capable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbjdmw8D9-Y

Was your car manufactured at the Alabama plant? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Bama Monster

Alabamistan? Built in explosives?
--

What do you think airbags have in them? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Baggy Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/25/2017 1:36 AM, Bod wrote:
Small convoys of partially driverless lorries will be tried out on major
British roads by the end of next year, the government has announced.
A contract has been awarded to the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL)
to carry out the tests of vehicle "platoons".
Up to three lorries will travel in formation, with acceleration and
braking controlled by the lead vehicle.
But the head of the AA said platoons raised safety concerns.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41038220

They should meet OTTO

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus...ohio-will.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 20:32:30 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

There's only a few autonomous cars on the road at the moment. The
hacking will start when those cars become far more prevalent.

At which point the holes will have been mended.

The holes in your head will certainly NEVER get mended, Birdbrain!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) life as a ******:
"When I was 14, there were places in forests where people would leave
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 20:35:11 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

There's only a few autonomous cars on the road at the moment. The
hacking will start when those cars become far more prevalent.

The manufacturer will get into a lot of trouble if their cars/lorries are
hacked and kill people. They'll avoid this happening.

EVERY manufacturer of ANY car always does that, idiot!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "deep thinking":
"If you ask me a question, I don't reply before you've asked it."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 20:32:10 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Cool, although why did I hear skidding? Surely they have ABS?

And the last guy to jump didn't do it very well!

Prick!

--
Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about himself:
" I have no plans to make children. The world is already too full, and I
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 20:49:49 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Was your car manufactured at the Alabama plant? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Bama Monster

Alabamistan? Built in explosives?

Prick! tsk

--
More of Birdbrain Macaws's (now "James Wilkinson") strange world:
"Murder kills someone. Speeding does nothing of the sort."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 21:32:26 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Modern cars have several airbags. I bet if they all went off you'd be squished to death.

You bet, don't you, idiot? BG

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange world:
"Around here they like to run in front of cars for a laugh. For some reason

Lorries on pavement GB UK diy 8 October 22nd 15 10:01 AM
What was the first front wheel dive car on the roads? Dave UK diy 41 May 15th 09 06:01 PM
OT - Potholes in roads John UK diy 19 April 21st 09 10:35 PM
OT Your tax bill - £100 million......for roads in Africa. Love Europe, Hate the EU UK diy 0 April 6th 09 07:25 PM
Lorries of concrete--or There always will be England tom patton UK diy 2 April 12th 05 11:30 AM