Posted to alt.home.repair

Default update on alternative site

Update on alternative to alt.home.repair.

alt.home.repair is a wonderful site. This is just an moderated alternative..

I'm almost done with the first coding.

Butt simple technology - text only, low bandwidth, no html5 or javascript, runs on any browser/phone/table. No little people gifs. No points or ranking for users. If it doesn't run on my blackberry I've done something wrong. If there is an ad (Hey, I'm retired and this costs money) it will be a small gif at the top of the page.

All authors can delete any posting within their thread

Trusted members can delete entire posts

Images. I'm going to allow images "offline". You can mail in an image if you wish and readers
may choose to view them if they wish.

You may post anonymously if you wish (is throttled). We'll see how that works out.

The site has yet to be named. I tried a few but found out people (investors?) go out and hoard these things. I'm not paying $1000 for some name.

And if it doesn't fly, well it was fun anyway.

Thanks to those who offered support.

see the most hot new site of 2007see the most hot new site of 2007 mote UK diy 1 March 21st 07 02:40 PM
Pallet Wood Recycling (was; Alternative Furnishing Ideas 2 [Was; ' alternative furnishing ideas?']) Warm Worm Woodworking 5 May 23rd 06 04:02 AM
Update to web site and possible gloat. Jim Stewart Metalworking 23 June 10th 04 04:36 AM
Web site update Rob Stokes Woodworking 2 November 25th 03 04:03 PM
Web Site Update - Dovetails & Mortising Jeff Gorman Woodworking 3 September 10th 03 11:21 AM