Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Contract for bamboo removal

Hi, I'm hiring a bamboo removal company. They just sent the contract and it
says contractor may at its discretion engage subcontractors to perform work
provided contractor shall fully pay said contractor and in all instances
remain responsible for completion of this contract. Also, it says contractor
agrees to remove debris including in the estimate leaving premises broom
clean. Then in the same section it says ANY ADDITIONAL debris removal and
disposal not included in the original estimate will be added onto the final
contact price, billed to owner and charged to credit card on file. Sides this
sounds ok?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...l-1140145-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 10:51:38 PM UTC-4, Naturegirll wrote:
Hi, I'm hiring a bamboo removal company. They just sent the contract and it
says contractor may at its discretion engage subcontractors to perform work
provided contractor shall fully pay said contractor and in all instances
remain responsible for completion of this contract. Also, it says contractor
agrees to remove debris including in the estimate leaving premises broom
clean. Then in the same section it says ANY ADDITIONAL debris removal and
disposal not included in the original estimate will be added onto the final
contact price, billed to owner and charged to credit card on file. Sides this
sounds ok?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...l-1140145-.htm

Doesn't sound like the kind of contractor I'd hire or contract I'd enter into.
If this is a typical residential deal, you'd think the contractor you're
hiring does the work and isn't subbing it out. And I'd strike out that
additional charge section, they are to remove the bamboo debris period.
IDK what broom clean means in the context of outside work either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/3/2017 10:51 PM, Naturegirll wrote:
Hi, I'm hiring a bamboo removal company. They just sent the contract
and it
says contractor may at its discretion engage subcontractors to perform work
provided contractor shall fully pay said contractor and in all instances
remain responsible for completion of this contract. Also, it says
contractor
agrees to remove debris including in the estimate leaving premises broom
clean. Then in the same section it says ANY ADDITIONAL debris removal and
disposal not included in the original estimate will be added onto the final
contact price, billed to owner and charged to credit card on file.
Sides this
sounds ok?

Sounds like the may hire a few teenagers to do the work cheap and make
money on the deal. I'd be cautious about that.

As for additional debris removal, that is standard. They will get rid
of the bamboo and any other debris they make. You cannot use their
dumpster to clean out the garage and get rid of the old sofa.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/3/17 10:51 PM, Naturegirll wrote:
Hi, I'm hiring a bamboo removal company. They just sent the contract
and it
says contractor may at its discretion engage subcontractors to perform work
provided contractor shall fully pay said contractor and in all instances
remain responsible for completion of this contract. Also, it says
contractor
agrees to remove debris including in the estimate leaving premises broom
clean. Then in the same section it says ANY ADDITIONAL debris removal and
disposal not included in the original estimate will be added onto the final
contact price, billed to owner and charged to credit card on file.
Sides this
sounds ok?

Run- don't walk- away from this contractor. You're going to get hosed!

--
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time or money
making it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2017 6:04 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Take pictures before during and after to show there was no "additional"
debris.

Get proof he paid the subcontractors before you pay him, or you may end
up paying twice. There are specific legalities in such proof, although
you may opt for something less to your satisfaction.

Subcontractors are not on his workers comp insurance policy, so they
should have their own and provide you proof of coverage, just as the
contractor should for his employees.

Other reply re regrowth is a good one.