Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bert Hyman

Default Makers of mortise entry sets?

I want to replace the mortise entry set in our front door. The cutouts
appear to conform to ANSI A115.1, so modern products should fit.

Google searches produce many hits on "Emtek" and "Baldwin". Their online
catalogs suggest they have products that -look OK.

Can anybody offer comments on these two makers? Pointers to other makers?

Are these products usually packaged for homeowner installation
(hand-holding instructions, etc)?

Do they usually come with lock cylinders, or is that a separate purchase?

These things aren't sold in places like Home Depot; where do I find them,
other than online?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN