DanG

Default Makers of mortise entry sets?

Any commercial hardware supplier handles mortise locks. Look in
the yellow pages under hardware / commercial.

Corbin/Russwin
Schlage
Yale
Falcon

See if these folks have a store in your area;
http://www.idnacme.com/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
I want to replace the mortise entry set in our front door. The

cutouts
appear to conform to ANSI A115.1, so modern products should fit.

Google searches produce many hits on "Emtek" and "Baldwin".

Their online
catalogs suggest they have products that -look OK.

Can anybody offer comments on these two makers? Pointers to

other makers?

Are these products usually packaged for homeowner installation
(hand-holding instructions, etc)?

Do they usually come with lock cylinders, or is that a separate

purchase?

These things aren't sold in places like Home Depot; where do I

find them,
other than online?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN