Posted to alt.home.repair

Default why is my mobile home furnace kicks on even though the thermostat is set to low and the cool/heat switch st to off

my blower runs all the time and the furnace kicks on even though the
thermostat is set to low and switch set to off

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...m-1137815-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/16/2017 08:44 AM, sammy wrote:
my blower runs all the time and the furnace kicks on even though the
thermostat is set to low and switch set to off

How warm is it inside? Is is a gas furnace with the pilot light burning?
Sometimes that's enough to trip the thermal switch to turn the blower
on. If so, turn the pilot off and relight it in the fall.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 9:44:10 AM UTC-5, sammy wrote:
my blower runs all the time and the furnace kicks on even though the
thermostat is set to low and switch set to off
--

Is the blower running full speed or is it running at a very low speed. The newest HVAC systems often run the blower at a very low speed in order to equalize the temperature of a home even when the thermostat is turned off. You might post the brand and model number of your system. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle AC Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 3:09:26 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 9:44:10 AM UTC-5, sammy wrote:

my blower runs all the time and the furnace kicks on even though the
thermostat is set to low and switch set to off

Is the blower running full speed or is it running at a very low speed. The newest HVAC systems often run the blower at a very low speed in order to equalize the temperature of a home even when the thermostat is turned off. You might post the brand and model number of your system. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle AC Monster

We'll probably never hear from 'Sammy' again. He's from HomeMoaners
and most never make an appearance again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 3:55:09 PM UTC-5, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 3:09:26 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 9:44:10 AM UTC-5, sammy wrote:

my blower runs all the time and the furnace kicks on even though the
thermostat is set to low and switch set to off

Is the blower running full speed or is it running at a very low speed. The newest HVAC systems often run the blower at a very low speed in order to equalize the temperature of a home even when the thermostat is turned off.. You might post the brand and model number of your system. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle AC Monster

We'll probably never hear from 'Sammy' again. He's from HomeMoaners
and most never make an appearance again.

I always try to help those who have real question about their home, the appliances and systems that run it. The others, I tell them about the tragedies involving the gerbils. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Tragic Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 9:21:50 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Did you see my response to archi in "Is there a good way to deflate large
inflatable toys?"

Cousin The-Gerbils-Ain't-Happy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 8:41:24 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

It's OK, you can borrow my shtick if you need to whip someone with it. My brother told the OP to use a shop vac which is one of the greatest inventions of all time. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Deflated Monster