Ed Mana

Default Drywall Painting Question

I am painting our bathroom that was previously wall-papered. I have
removed the wallpaper and the glue from the drywall. During the wall
paper removal, some primer flaked off the wall as well (too quick w/
the putty knife).

I now have some areas of the wall primed and some spots that have
primer removed. My question is what to do about this....

I can just prime the wall over, but I think it won't look right with
the multiple layers showing through. I tried lightly sanding the area
and it does smooth out a little but it is still noticable.

The paint dept guy at HD suggested skimming everything but since I can
barely tape drywall and have it look decent, I am afraid to skim a
room!

Any ideas?

TIA

Ed
Joseph Meehan

Ed Mana wrote:
I am painting our bathroom that was previously wall-papered. I have
removed the wallpaper and the glue from the drywall. During the wall
paper removal, some primer flaked off the wall as well (too quick w/
the putty knife).

I now have some areas of the wall primed and some spots that have
primer removed. My question is what to do about this....

I can just prime the wall over, but I think it won't look right with
the multiple layers showing through. I tried lightly sanding the area
and it does smooth out a little but it is still noticable.

The paint dept guy at HD suggested skimming everything but since I can
barely tape drywall and have it look decent, I am afraid to skim a
room!

Any ideas?

Yea, hire a professional, you hare ruled out your ability to do the job
needed.

TIA

Ed

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Jim Sullivan

"Ed Mana" wrote in message
om...
I am painting our bathroom that was previously wall-papered. I have
removed the wallpaper and the glue from the drywall. During the wall
paper removal, some primer flaked off the wall as well (too quick w/
the putty knife).

I now have some areas of the wall primed and some spots that have
primer removed. My question is what to do about this....

I can just prime the wall over, but I think it won't look right with
the multiple layers showing through. I tried lightly sanding the area
and it does smooth out a little but it is still noticable.

My wife has gotten really good at patching this type of situation. She uses
filler, sands it smooth and then primes. If you're willing to take the time
and sand it smooth, you can do it. Of course, if you want to hire my
wife...

--
Jim Sullivan
seattle, washington