Ed Mana

Default Drywall Painting Question

I am painting our bathroom that was previously wall-papered. I have
removed the wallpaper and the glue from the drywall. During the wall
paper removal, some primer flaked off the wall as well (too quick w/
the putty knife).

I now have some areas of the wall primed and some spots that have
primer removed. My question is what to do about this....

I can just prime the wall over, but I think it won't look right with
the multiple layers showing through. I tried lightly sanding the area
and it does smooth out a little but it is still noticable.

The paint dept guy at HD suggested skimming everything but since I can
barely tape drywall and have it look decent, I am afraid to skim a
room!

Any ideas?

TIA

Ed