Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tape measure accessory

I have a tape measure, Don't know where I got it. .

It's maybe 10' long, a bit over 2" x 2", has a small level in the front
and a yellow scribing tool at the other end. Fine.

It also has a piece of clear lucite 2" x 2" on the side with the Home
Depot logo on it, and it's hinged at the top, but when the hinged part
is closed, it has an empty space about 2 mm. thick between the lucite
ann the black tape measure. What is this for?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 6:04:29 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I have a tape measure, Don't know where I got it. .

It's maybe 10' long, a bit over 2" x 2", has a small level in the front
and a yellow scribing tool at the other end. Fine.

It also has a piece of clear lucite 2" x 2" on the side with the Home
Depot logo on it, and it's hinged at the top, but when the hinged part
is closed, it has an empty space about 2 mm. thick between the lucite
ann the black tape measure. What is this for?

Sometimes when you measure something, it is just a tiny bit too short or
a tiny bit too long. That empty space is to store the little bits of long
measurements for those times when the measurement comes up a little bit
short.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/10/2017 6:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 6:04:29 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I have a tape measure, Don't know where I got it. .

It's maybe 10' long, a bit over 2" x 2", has a small level in the front
and a yellow scribing tool at the other end. Fine.

It also has a piece of clear lucite 2" x 2" on the side with the Home
Depot logo on it, and it's hinged at the top, but when the hinged part
is closed, it has an empty space about 2 mm. thick between the lucite
ann the black tape measure. What is this for?

Sometimes when you measure something, it is just a tiny bit too short or
a tiny bit too long. That empty space is to store the little bits of long
measurements for those times when the measurement comes up a little bit
short.

Derby? You're going to go to hell for that one.

Any fool knows that that's what those little zippered Cordura bags that
HD sells are for. They hold more excess measurements and you're not as
likely to lose them!

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 10 Jun 2017 19:41:45 -0500, Unquestionably
Confused wrote:

On 6/10/2017 6:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 6:04:29 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I have a tape measure, Don't know where I got it. .

It's maybe 10' long, a bit over 2" x 2", has a small level in the front
and a yellow scribing tool at the other end. Fine.

It also has a piece of clear lucite 2" x 2" on the side with the Home
Depot logo on it, and it's hinged at the top, but when the hinged part
is closed, it has an empty space about 2 mm. thick between the lucite
ann the black tape measure. What is this for?

Sometimes when you measure something, it is just a tiny bit too short or
a tiny bit too long. That empty space is to store the little bits of long
measurements for those times when the measurement comes up a little bit
short.

Okay. Good.

Derby? You're going to go to hell for that one.

Any fool knows that that's what those little zippered Cordura bags that
HD sells are for. They hold more excess measurements and you're not as
likely to lose them!

No, I think those are for people with sub-par tape measures.

BTW Home Depot doesn't list anything like this now and google images has
nothing like it, home depot or not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Confused wrote:

[...]

Home HARDWARE in Canada had something similar