Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

Default Window A/C unit - drill holes in water pan ?

replying to jeff, Jim C wrote:
Had the same problem with a 12 k BTU LG unit. The same water it holds and
slings eventually turns to sludge. Mine was loud and would blow water drops
through the vent that blows the cold air.. The only fix I found was to remove
it and take it outside and clean all the sludge. The fans have sealed boxes
that hold it also and have to be wiped out until its gone. I had to keep
blasting it out with a garden hose and pushing a cloth inside small openings
in the fan boxes to remove it all or it will do the same thing in no time.
Regret ever buying it now.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...an-521719-.htm