Posted to alt.home.repair

Default O.T. Reason(s) for all the store closures

I read where about 6800 "brick and mortar stores" will be closing in the U.S.

B4 I run to a store to buy something, I check online.

Often I can find the item for cheaper that a retail store and the shipping is free.

Is that because they don't have physical stores to maintain along with staff ?

Even though those stores will close, does that mean that more jobs will be created because of the savings that customers will realize ?

Best regards,

Andy

There were 3 guys talking about death.

They were talking about how they would like to be remembered at their funeral.

The first said he would like to be remembered as a man who was a humanitarian who really cared about people.

The second said he would like to be remembered as a good father and husband..

The third guy said €œI would like someone to say, €œLook hes moving.€

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 11:38:22 PM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
I read where about 6800 "brick and mortar stores" will be closing in the U.S.

B4 I run to a store to buy something, I check online.

Often I can find the item for cheaper that a retail store and the shipping is free.

Is that because they don't have physical stores to maintain along with staff ?

Even though those stores will close, does that mean that more jobs will be created because of the savings that customers will realize ?

Best regards,

Andy

Many shoppers, especially families are avoiding shopping malls for a reason the legacy Liberal/Leftist news media will not report because it's the truth and not Politically Correct. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

https://thehornnews.com/outrage-medi...lence-reality/

https://offgridsurvival.com/thugstakeoverkentuckymall/

[8~{} Uncle Mall Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 May 2017 21:38:13 -0700 (PDT)

From: Andy
Subject: O.T. Reason(s) for all the store closures
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 21:38:13 -0700 (PDT)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair

the fact that you asked this,
is the reason....WTF??

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/4/17 11:38 PM, Andy wrote:
I read where about 6800 "brick and mortar stores" will be closing in
the U.S. B4 I run to a store to buy something, I check online. Often
I can find the item for cheaper that a retail store and the shipping
is free. Is that because they don't have physical stores to maintain
along with staff ? Even though those stores will close, does that
mean that more jobs will be created because of the savings that
customers will realize ? Best regards,

Andy

Distance, which you've indirectly mentioned. The IRS was allowing
a fifty cents a mile business tax deduction recently. Is it 23 miles
to the
retail store? If so, add $23 to the purchase price.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/2017 12:38 AM, Andy wrote:
I read where about 6800 "brick and mortar stores" will be closing in the U.S.

B4 I run to a store to buy something, I check online.

Often I can find the item for cheaper that a retail store and the shipping is free.

Is that because they don't have physical stores to maintain along with staff ?

Even though those stores will close, does that mean that more jobs will be created because of the savings that customers will realize ?

Best regards,

Andy

I'm sure some people studied it more than me, but here goes.

You lose the store jobs but gain some warehouse/order picker jobs. when
you ship rather than go to a store. You also gain some jobs in the
delivery system, US, Fedex, USPS.

Shoplifting in retail stores is very expensive and it is cheaper to
control employee theft.

Malls don't have the social attraction they once had. It is no longer
something to do on a Saturday. Society evolves and this is part of it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 May 2017 08:42:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

You lose the store jobs but gain some warehouse/order picker jobs. when
you ship rather than go to a store. You also gain some jobs in the
delivery system, US, Fedex, USPS.

Retail outlets require a lot more labor than shipping from a central
site, even when you account for the delivery drivers. Stock pickers at
the warehouse will stay busy all day. In B&M, you either have people
standing around not doing much or you have minimal service for the
customer. The biggest saving beyond that is inventory. When you stock
at a central site you eliminate a whole level of distribution and
carrying charges on stuff that is sitting on a shelf waiting for a
local person to buy it. Stores try to predict sales and have things
arrive just in time to be sold but when they guess wrong, you show up
and they are sold out. That is easier to even out on a national scale
from central sites. Worst case is they have to ship from a warehouse
that is farther away.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 May 2017 08:42:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote
in

On 5/5/2017 12:38 AM, Andy wrote:
[...]

I live in a rural area. The nearest WalMart is 20 miles away. For me
on-line shopping offers selection and convenience. Price is about the
same when comparing costs of driving with shipping.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 May 2017 08:42:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Malls don't have the social attraction they once had. It is no longer
something to do on a Saturday. Society evolves and this is part of it.

Saw a story the other day about empty "Ghost Malls" and the commercial
real estate market. Seems some may be turned into office spaces or
large warehouses. Tough market.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 06 May 2017 09:44:42 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 5 May 2017 08:42:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Malls don't have the social attraction they once had. It is no longer
something to do on a Saturday. Society evolves and this is part of it.

Saw a story the other day about empty "Ghost Malls" and the commercial
real estate market. Seems some may be turned into office spaces or
large warehouses. Tough market.

The school board took over the Metro mall (328,000 sq/ft) and filled
it with bureaucrats on our dime. Social Security took over the Rafters
mall.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 06 May 2017 14:17:01 -0700, Oren wrote:

The school board took over the Metro mall (328,000 sq/ft) and filled
it with bureaucrats on our dime. Social Security took over the Rafters
mall.

Lock them bureaucrats into a 50 year Lease :-)

They bought it. The school board has plenty of our money.
I think they still own he old office building down on Central ave too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/6/2017 3:24 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
On 5-May-2017, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'm sure some people studied it more than me, but here goes.

You lose the store jobs but gain some warehouse/order picker jobs. when
you ship rather than go to a store. You also gain some jobs in the
delivery system, US, Fedex, USPS.

Shoplifting in retail stores is very expensive and it is cheaper to
control employee theft.

Malls don't have the social attraction they once had. It is no longer
something to do on a Saturday. Society evolves and this is part of it.

I agree with your analysis. I will also add that the selection is limited
and service is unknown. I haven't been in a mall for at least 30 years and
don't miss them.

A mall jeweler once told me his rent in the mall was $100/sq.ft. and
that was years ago. That seems high but maybe because his store was
small as average in 2014 was $45 the

http://www.pattersonwoods.com/main/news-details/9

Rental space cost half as much in outlying stores.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 May 2017 19:15:50 GMT, "Tekkie®" wrote:

On 5-May-2017, Uncle Monster wrote:

Many shoppers, especially families are avoiding shopping malls for a
reason the legacy Liberal/Leftist news media will not report because it's
the truth and not Politically Correct. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

https://thehornnews.com/outrage-medi...lence-reality/

https://offgridsurvival.com/thugstakeoverkentuckymall/

[8~{} Uncle Mall Monster

I notice the advertisers were quick to pull out from a Fox News show, but
are not pulling out from a potty mouth comedian show. The lefty's like to
give comedians a broad pass but conservative viewpoints are frowned upon.

As opposed to the righties who like to give conservatives a broad pass
but liberal viewpoints are frowned on. How you don't notice that
when your own words illustrate it, I don't know.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 May 2017 19:40:18 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

[...]

My highschool economics teacher said "there is no such thing as a
low-rent district". I've had my eyes peeled for more on the subject
ever since then. He didn't say anything else stupid or hard to
believe, so I think there is merit in what he waid. AI think I know
what he meant. There was a car dealer 10 miles from edge of town who
advertised a lot saying , "Go west to [I forget the town's name].
It's not very far but you'll save a lot", and he was saying, I think,
that even if the rent was low when he got there, if people are willing
to drive there, the rent will go up. But a) not until the end of the
lease, and b) I still don't see how it could go up as much as it was
in town, and c) if he was referring to the cost of shopping there, he
could include everyone's gas and time to get there, but he
specifically said no low-rent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/07/2017 02:11 AM, Micky wrote:
As opposed to the righties who like to give conservatives a broad pass
but liberal viewpoints are frowned on. How you don't notice that
when your own words illustrate it, I don't know.

We are all free to express our opinions in a civil manner but liberals
riot, loot and burn **** down when things don't go their way. Liberals
are very nasty people.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 8:00:10 AM UTC-4, Jimbo wrote:
On 05/07/2017 02:11 AM, Micky wrote:
As opposed to the righties who like to give conservatives a broad pass
but liberal viewpoints are frowned on. How you don't notice that
when your own words illustrate it, I don't know.

We are all free to express our opinions in a civil manner but liberals
riot, loot and burn **** down when things don't go their way. Liberals
are very nasty people.

You paint liberals with a very broad brush. Millions of liberals
have never done any of those things.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 May 2017 05:53:50 -0700 (PDT)
Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 8:00:10 AM UTC-4, Jimbo wrote:
On 05/07/2017 02:11 AM, Micky wrote:
As opposed to the righties who like to give conservatives a broad
pass but liberal viewpoints are frowned on. How you don't
notice that when your own words illustrate it, I don't know.

We are all free to express our opinions in a civil manner but
liberals riot, loot and burn **** down when things don't go their
way. Liberals are very nasty people.

You paint liberals with a very broad brush. Millions of liberals
have never done any of those things.

Cindy Hamilton

Still does not change the fact the rioters that loot and burn
are all liberal democrats...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2017 8:00 AM, Jimbo wrote:
On 05/07/2017 02:11 AM, Micky wrote:
As opposed to the righties who like to give conservatives a broad pass
but liberal viewpoints are frowned on. How you don't notice that
when your own words illustrate it, I don't know.

We are all free to express our opinions in a civil manner but liberals
riot, loot and burn **** down when things don't go their way. Liberals
are very nasty people.

Liberals are also financed and led around by the likes of George Soros.
Who do they think organizes all those spontaneous demonstrations that
break out in cities throughout the US? There are a lot of good liberals
but many are useful idiots.

They also put out phony mass letters to advertisers to make them think
that be public is going to boycott them.

You don't see conservatives doing these things but if they did the media
would loudly call them out.

The media is silent on what the left is doing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2017 5:53 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 8:00:10 AM UTC-4, Jimbo wrote:
On 05/07/2017 02:11 AM, Micky wrote:
As opposed to the righties who like to give conservatives a broad pass
but liberal viewpoints are frowned on. How you don't notice that
when your own words illustrate it, I don't know.

We are all free to express our opinions in a civil manner but liberals
riot, loot and burn **** down when things don't go their way. Liberals
are very nasty people.

You paint liberals with a very broad brush. Millions of liberals
have never done any of those things.

Cindy Hamilton

Or more exactly, almost none of them have done those things. And
liberals have never blown up the federal building in Oklahoma city.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2017 2:20 AM, Micky wrote:
[...]

All kinds of stuff involved here. A lot of businesses own the ground
their business sits on. Overall they may have lower costs.

Thinking my Subaru dealer who is in a car selling strip has a relatively
small lot compared to neighboring dealers but that is probably because
his new vehicles are mostly stored in a remote lot where cost is very
low. He does a good business and does zero advertising.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2017 9:24 AM, Frank wrote:
On 5/7/2017 8:00 AM, Jimbo wrote:
[...]

Conservatives just buy politicians to get their goals passed. Read the
book Dark Money by Jane Mayer for how it is accomplished. The George
Soros's of the world in no way compared to the Koch brothers, and all
their associates described in this book.

The media is owned for the most part by 5 major corporations, none of
which is liberal in any meaningful way. When was the last time you saw
the "labor section" in any major newspaper?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 11:57:25 AM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
On 5/7/2017 9:24 AM, Frank wrote:
On 5/7/2017 8:00 AM, Jimbo wrote:
[...]

Democrat/Commiecrat politicians are easily bought and sold for bargain basement prices. Republicans are more expensive because they have morals. I'm not a Republican, Republicans disgust me but Democrats/Commiecrats are special, they horrify me. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Independent Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2017 9:24 AM, Frank wrote:
On 5/7/2017 8:00 AM, Jimbo wrote:
[...]

I belong to the moral party but am a working man at heart. Hoping to
reform the party to rid it of the country club Republicans and those
that consider themselves political elites. Both parties are full of
the latter and in favor of big government. The less government, the better.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nothing new here, folks. Been happening since 1991, with JCP being one
of the first to feel the "dinosaur effect," which comes from burying its
head in the sand of competition, or should I say lack thereof. Okay,
there...move along.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 May 2017 09:53:59 -0700, Bob F wrote:

The media is owned for the most part by 5 major corporations, none of
which is liberal in any meaningful way. When was the last time you saw
the "labor section" in any major newspaper?

They are still far left of center in social policy. The only
difference is they are still "big business", just like the last 2
democrat presidents and the candidate they took to the 2012 election.
Evidently there is a lot of ad money in being liberal with no limit to
the number of entertainers who will throw in their image for free.

If by "labor" you mean ads for labor, look on Craigslist. That is
where all classified ads are going.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 7 May 2017 10:52:07 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"
wrote:

Nothing new here, folks. Been happening since 1991, with JCP being one
of the first to feel the "dinosaur effect," which comes from burying its
head in the sand of competition, or should I say lack thereof. Okay,
there...move along.

The real irony is Sears. They created their empire on mail order sales
and the internet kicked their ass. Sears was positioned better than
Amazon in the 90s and they let Bezos dominate that market starting
from a boutique online book seller. Lambert was a moron. He bought the
operation as a real estate play and the real estate is all he ended up
with. Even that was overpriced.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2017 8:53 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 8:00:10 AM UTC-4, Jimbo wrote:
On 05/07/2017 02:11 AM, Micky wrote:
As opposed to the righties who like to give conservatives a broad pass
but liberal viewpoints are frowned on. How you don't notice that
when your own words illustrate it, I don't know.

We are all free to express our opinions in a civil manner but liberals
riot, loot and burn **** down when things don't go their way. Liberals
are very nasty people.

You paint liberals with a very broad brush. Millions of liberals
have never done any of those things.

Cindy Hamilton

Show me a brick chuckin' looter and I'll show you a democrat....every time!

OT - School closures John UK diy 48 December 2nd 10 09:21 PM
Those tiny plastic wedge ZIF closures for fine pitch foil/ribbon cable. N_Cook Electronics Repair 6 November 5th 10 05:05 PM
Adjusting Storm Door Closures DerbyDad03 Home Repair 18 May 26th 10 04:39 PM
Any reason Bob La Londe Metalworking 5 February 10th 10 05:15 AM
what's the reason? RB Home Repair 2 August 13th 05 04:20 PM