Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

Default Is there a single useful Apple iOS camera capability that isn't already on Android?

Is there a single useful Apple iOS camera capability that
isn't already on Android?

Correction in transcription of the test results.

https://www.dxomark.com
"DxO has extensively analyzed the image and video quality of
over 9,000 cameras, lenses and mobile phones. These analyses
are used by top camera manufacturers, media and help power
DxO software. DxOMark provides free public access to these
results to help guide your camera and lens decisions."

89
- Google Pixel
88
- HTC 10
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Sony Xperia X Performance
87
- Huawei P10
- Moto Z Force Droid
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- Sony Xperia XZ
- Sony Xperia Z5
86
- Apple iPhone 7
- LG G5
- Samsung Galaxy Note V
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
85
- Huawei Mate 9
- LG V20
84
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus
- Google Nexus 6P
- Moto Z Droid
- Moto G Plus
- Moto Droid Turbo 2
83
- LG G4
- Moto X Style
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
82
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6
- BlackBerry Priv
- Sony Xperia Z3+
- TCL 950
81
- Nextbit Robin
80
- Huawei P9
79
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Sony Xperia M5
- Sony Xperia Z3
- Sony Xperia Z2
- Xiaomi Mi 5
78
- Google Nexus 6
- HTC One A9
- Xiaomi Mi 5SPlus
77
- Nokia 808 Pureview
- Nubia Z11
76
- Apple iPhone 5S
- OnePlus 2
- Sony Xperia Z1
75
- Samsung Galaxy S4
74
- Huawei P8
- Meizu Pro 6
- Nokia Lumia 1020
73
- LG G2
- Nokia Lumia 925
- Qiku Q Terra
72
- Apple iPhone 5
- Apple iPhone 4S
- Samsung Note II
- Samsung Galaxy S3
70
- GoPro HERO3
69
- Amazon Firephone
- HTC ONE M9
68
- HTC ONE M8
67
- BlackBerry Z10
66
- HTC 8X
- Nokia Lumia 920
61
- Sony Xperia Z
59
- Apple New iPad
57
- Samsung Galaxy S2
50
- Apple iPhone 4

REFERENCE: https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

On 2017-05-01, Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Jolly Roger suggested:

You are a pathetic and
sad old man whose only joy is aggravating and disrupting Apple news
groups because you are filled with irrational hate.

And yet, all that vitriol comes from the likes of you.

^ Pathetic old fart troll can't take his own medicine. : )

JR
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

Apple is the part about iOS that prevents bit torrent apps.

no they don't

As they told you when they handed you your head on the Linux newsgroups,
your contrarian opinion is duly noted.

nobody handed me anything on the linux newsgroups.

a couple of people didn't understand anything about networking and
argued anyway, much like you do.

several others agreed with what i said, including your best buddy, jeff
lieberman.

if anyone had their head handed, it was you, with your ****ed up idea
that a static ip on a phone is required to be able to ftp.
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

On 2017-05-01, nospam wrote:

if anyone had their head handed, it was you, with your ****ed up idea
that a static ip on a phone is required to be able to ftp.

LOL... What an idiot troll...

JR
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

if anyone had their head handed, it was you, with your ****ed up idea
that a static ip on a phone is required to be able to ftp.

LOL... What an idiot troll...

yep. he was oblivious as to what reserved dhcp and dns are for.

Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair

In message Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Lewis suggested:

Sooooo many thing:

Run viruses.
Install Rootkits to send all your data (ALL) to China.

Apple cripples what iOS can do just so that the user can *feel* safe.

Nope. iOS is infinitely more secure than Android since android is *not*
secure.

The weakest link in any consumer mobile device is what makes the device
unsafe, not the operating system.

Yeah, Android CAN do so much more.

Lewis ... you are an enigma because you are on the a.u.e newsgroups, which
usually only intelligent people are on, but you have never once in your
life posted anything resembling technical acumen on the technical
newsgroups.

You wouldn't know technical acumen if it beat you about the head and
shoulders.

--
The only reason for walking into the jaws of Death is so's you can steal
His gold teeth. --Colour of Magic
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In message Tomos Davies wrote:
In , nospam suggested:

Yes. Really. Bit torrent is just one useful functionality that iOS lacks.

nothing about ios prevents bittorrent.

Apple is the part about iOS that prevents bit torrent apps.

That is simply a lie.

--
I WILL NOT HIDE BEHIND THE FIFTH AMENDMENT Bart chalkboard Ep. 7F18
Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair

In news
Yes, but I'm addressing the differences between the highest scoring
Android phone and the highest scoring iPhone.

Even though there were a dozen Android phones that have better or equal
camera/video quality of results than the best iPhone out there, do you find
it interesting that there are 9 Android phones that have better QOR than
the best that Apple offers?

89
- Google Pixel
88
- HTC 10
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Sony Xperia X Performance
87
- Huawei P10
- Moto Z Force Droid
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- Sony Xperia XZ
- Sony Xperia Z5
86
- Apple iPhone 7
- LG G5
- Samsung Galaxy Note V
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
85
- Huawei Mate 9
- LG V20
84
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus
- Google Nexus 6P
- Moto Z Droid
- Moto G Plus
- Moto Droid Turbo 2
83
- LG G4
- Moto X Style
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
82
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6
- BlackBerry Priv
- Sony Xperia Z3+
- TCL 950
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In , nospam suggested:

nobody handed me anything on the linux newsgroups.

They had to say "your opinion is duly noted" so many times that even you
stopped trolling them with your nonsense.
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In , Jolly Roger suggested:

And yet, all that vitriol comes from the likes of you.

^ Pathetic old fart troll can't take his own medicine. : )

Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

On 2017-05-01, nospam wrote:
In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

if anyone had their head handed, it was you, with your ****ed up idea
that a static ip on a phone is required to be able to ftp.

LOL... What an idiot troll...

yep. he was oblivious as to what reserved dhcp and dns are for.

Just like he was oblivious that there are much better and more modern
ways to transfer content between devices than running a ****ing FTP
server on your mobile device - pure absurdity... : )

JR
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

On 2017-05-01, Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Jolly Roger suggested:

And yet, all that vitriol comes from the likes of you.

^ Pathetic old fart troll can't take his own medicine. : )

Said if this is a contest of wits. :-)

Try English some time, ****tard troll.

JR
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

nobody handed me anything on the linux newsgroups.

They had to say "your opinion is duly noted" so many times that even you
stopped trolling them with your nonsense.

you're lying.

as i said, jeff lieberman, who knows way more about networking than
everyone in that thread *combined*, agrees with what i said.

the simple fact is that you made a complete fool of yourself.
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

On 2017-05-01, nospam wrote:
In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

nobody handed me anything on the linux newsgroups.

They had to say "your opinion is duly noted" so many times that even you
stopped trolling them with your nonsense.

you're lying.

as i said, jeff lieberman, who knows way more about networking than
everyone in that thread *combined*, agrees with what i said.

the simple fact is that you made a complete fool of yourself.

As he does *regularly*. : )

JR
Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair

In , Lewis suggested:

You wouldn't know technical acumen if it beat you about the head and
shoulders.

You sure showed me.
HINT: Look up the words to see what they mean and then follow the point.

Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In , Jolly Roger suggested:

Try English some time, ****tard troll.

Your vitriol belies your inner anger.
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In , Lewis suggested:

That is simply a lie.

Your unsubstantiated opinion is duly noted.
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

On 2017-05-01, Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Jolly Roger suggested:

Try English some time, ****tard troll.

Your vitriol belies your inner anger.

Your nym-switching trolling of Apple news groups belies your lack of a
life and general unhappiness. Going out of your way to continually
attempt to disrupt peaceful news groups and belittle perfect strangers
with Apple-hating trolls is how you get your sick kicks. You can't die
and wither away fast enough; and lucky for the rest of the world that
day is approaching since you are near the end of your pathetic life. The
Apple news groups will cheer with a beer the day you finally keel over
for good. That is your self-created destiny. Be proud, sick old fart!

JR
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

On 2017-05-01, Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Jolly Roger suggested:

And yet, all that vitriol comes from the likes of you.

^ Pathetic old fart troll can't take his own medicine. : )

Said if this is a contest of wits. :-)

Try English some time, ****tard troll.

A ****tard troll whom you continue to reply and provide the attention he
strongly craves.
Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair

On 2017-05-01, Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Jolly Roger suggested:

And yet, all that vitriol comes from the likes of you.

^ Pathetic old fart troll can't take his own medicine. : )

Said if this is a contest of wits. :-)

Try English some time, ****tard troll.

A ****tard troll whom you continue to reply and provide the attention he
strongly craves.

LOL! You and others have been replying to him long before I posted my first
reply, hypocrite. Try taking your own advice next time before bitching
about anyone else if you want to be taken seriously.

JR

Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

BitTorrent has iOS apps, dip**** troll liar.

--
Love seekest only self to please, To bind another to its delight Joys in
another's loss of ease And builds a hell in Heaven's despite!
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In , Lewis suggested:

BitTorrent has iOS apps, dip**** troll liar.

Whooosh.
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In , Jolly Roger suggested:

Just like he was oblivious that there are much better and more modern
ways to transfer content between devices than running a ****ing FTP
server on your mobile device - pure absurdity... : )

And how, without anything but the native software one the PC, since it
works with *every* PC in the world (linux, mac, and windows), are *you*
going to wirelessly transfer files from both the Android & iOS device to
any computer nearby without putting them on the Internet?

What's that?
You can't?

Really?
You just give up?

Thought so.
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In , Jolly Roger suggested:

Going out of your way to continually
attempt to disrupt peaceful news groups and belittle perfect strangers
with Apple-hating trolls is how you get your sick kicks. You can't die
and wither away fast enough; and lucky for the rest of the world that
day is approaching since you are near the end of your pathetic life. The
Apple news groups will cheer with a beer the day you finally keel over
for good. That is your self-created destiny. Be proud, sick old fart!

Your increasingly vile level of vitriol is hinting at a psychological
disturbance so I'll let you simmer on your own for a while.
Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair

On 2017-05-01, Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Jolly Roger suggested:

And yet, all that vitriol comes from the likes of you.

^ Pathetic old fart troll can't take his own medicine. : )

Said if this is a contest of wits. :-)

Try English some time, ****tard troll.

A ****tard troll whom you continue to reply and provide the attention he
strongly craves.

LOL! You and others have been replying to him long before I posted my first
reply, hypocrite. Try taking your own advice next time before bitching
about anyone else if you want to be taken seriously.

You may want to recheck your facts. You've been replying to him much
more in the iPhone group and long before I chastised him for cross
posting and whining. Check the dates and get back to me on that.

Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair
PAS PAS is offline

On 5/1/2017 6:27 PM, Tomos Davies wrote:
In news
Yes, but I'm addressing the differences between the highest scoring
Android phone and the highest scoring iPhone.

Even though there were a dozen Android phones that have better or equal
camera/video quality of results than the best iPhone out there, do you find
it interesting that there are 9 Android phones that have better QOR than
the best that Apple offers?

That's because there are more Android phone makers than iPhone makers.
It's simple math. How much better the Android phones photo quality is
over the iPhone's is imperceptible to the eye. Just get over it.
People like their iPhones like you like your Android. For that matter,
if it wasn't for the first iPhone, we Android users wouldn't have the
nice Android phones that we do. Apple got the ball rolling.

89
- Google Pixel
88
- HTC 10
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Sony Xperia X Performance
87
- Huawei P10
- Moto Z Force Droid
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- Sony Xperia XZ
- Sony Xperia Z5
86
- Apple iPhone 7
- LG G5
- Samsung Galaxy Note V
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
85
- Huawei Mate 9
- LG V20
84
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus
- Google Nexus 6P
- Moto Z Droid
- Moto G Plus
- Moto Droid Turbo 2
83
- LG G4
- Moto X Style
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
82
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6
- BlackBerry Priv
- Sony Xperia Z3+
- TCL 950

Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair

On 2017-05-01, Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Jolly Roger suggested:

And yet, all that vitriol comes from the likes of you.

^ Pathetic old fart troll can't take his own medicine. : )

Said if this is a contest of wits. :-)

Try English some time, ****tard troll.

A ****tard troll whom you continue to reply and provide the attention he
strongly craves.

LOL! You and others have been replying to him long before I posted my first
reply, hypocrite. Try taking your own advice next time before bitching
about anyone else if you want to be taken seriously.

You may want to recheck your facts. You've been replying to him much
more

You're a hypocrite. **** off.

JR
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

Just like he was oblivious that there are much better and more modern
ways to transfer content between devices than running a ****ing FTP
server on your mobile device - pure absurdity... : )

And how, without anything but the native software one the PC,

that's an artificial restriction, one which you violate routinely, so
you don't get to impose it.

and if you're going to insist nothing but native software on the pc,
then you can't have any third party apps on the phone either.

since it
works with *every* PC in the world (linux, mac, and windows), are *you*
going to wirelessly transfer files from both the Android & iOS device to
any computer nearby without putting them on the Internet?

there's this cool new technology called wifi. check it out some time.
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

On 2017-05-02, Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Jolly Roger suggested:

Just like he was oblivious that there are much better and more modern
ways to transfer content between devices than running a ****ing FTP
server on your mobile device - pure absurdity... : )

And how, without anything but the native software one the PC, since it
works with *every* PC in the world (linux, mac, and windows), are *you*
going to wirelessly transfer files from both the Android & iOS device to
any computer nearby without putting them on the Internet?

LOL! I've been doing exactly that for ages with iOS, dumb ass. Nothing
needs to be installed on the PC. All you need is a web browser. The fact
that you think something so simple is impossible shows just how little
you actually know about iOS. You're a ****ing useless old fart who is so
stuck in his ancient ways and so ignorant of standard abilities of iOS
you just give up (or worse, resort to installing cumbersome and insecure
FTP servers on your mobile devices just to transfer content around).
You're a joke, old man!

What's that?

You heard me.

You can't?

I can with ease to any computer running any OS, and have been for ages.
That you think I can't says it all. You know next to nothing about iOS;
your zealotry and hatred of all things Apple is irrational and priceless!

Really?

Yup. All day, every day.

You just give up?

Like you? Nope. I don't let piddly little things stop me from getting
**** done, unlike you.

Thought so.

Said the delusional ignoramus Apple-hating Android zealot troll...

JR
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

On 2017-05-02, nospam wrote:
In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

Just like he was oblivious that there are much better and more modern
ways to transfer content between devices than running a ****ing FTP
server on your mobile device - pure absurdity... : )

And how, without anything but the native software one the PC,

that's an artificial restriction, one which you violate routinely, so
you don't get to impose it.

Even *with* that restriction, I've been transferring stuff from iOS to
various PCs running various operating systems with no additional
software installed on the PCs for *years*. It's brain-dead simple and
secure - unlike the brain-dead troll's vaunted "I'll install and
configure an insecure FTP server on *each* of my mobile devices" joke of
a method. No cumbersome and insecure FTP server is needed. That he
thinks you can't *easily* do this with iOS says it all! He's a
know-nothing Apple-hating Android-zealot idiot troll. : )

works with *every* PC in the world (linux, mac, and windows), are *you*
going to wirelessly transfer files from both the Android & iOS device to
any computer nearby without putting them on the Internet?

there's this cool new technology called wifi. check it out some time.

LOL! Yup.

JR

Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In , Jolly Roger suggested:

He's a
know-nothing Apple-hating Android-zealot idiot troll. : )

Notice all I speak are verifiable facts.
You?

Pure vitriol.

Why do you hate the truth so much that you respond to verifiable facts with
utterly vile diatribes?
Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair

In news
Even though there were a dozen Android phones that have better or equal
camera/video quality of results than the best iPhone out there, do you find
it interesting that there are 9 Android phones that have better QOR than
the best that Apple offers?

That's because there are more Android phone makers than iPhone makers.

That's a good answer because even I was surprised that there are a dozen
Android phones (literally) that are better or the same as iOS with respect
to camera output (and 9 that are better than the best iOS has to offer).

It seems that most iOS users feel their camera output is better than that
of Android, so, they must be comparing to the phones that just happen to be
worse, since that list was pretty conclusive.

It's simple math. How much better the Android phones photo quality is
over the iPhone's is imperceptible to the eye. Just get over it.

I think you're missing the key observation here, which is psychological,
and which has nothing to do with me (my circa 2012 Android phone rated
along with the iPhone 5), since I happen to own SLRs where no mobile phone
can compete.

The key observation is that Android clearly has better camera QOR, where
the *subject* of this thread is a comparison of Android to iOS in the
camera features.

Point is, and always was, there is nothing to warrant the high opinion iOS
owners have of their equipment other than that they simply parrot that
which the Apple Marketing Machine tells them to parrot.

Same on safety. Same on ease of use. Same on functionality.

It is to the credit of the Apple Marketing Machine that the iOS user
doesn't have a clue how badly his equipment fares when stacked up against
Android.

The iOS owners are not only clueless, but they're wrong on all counts.

It's like when Japan thought it was superior to the USA at the start of
WWII, where all they really had was the Marketing Machine (aka the Bamboo
Spear Warrior Spirit) - but in the end - they had nothing.

People like their iPhones like you like your Android.

I've bought iPhones and I have iPads so you get me wrong.
I just happen to know the equipment is inferior in form, function,
capability and results - but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

It's like not liking your own kid if he didn't get into Harvard for
graduate school. You still like him - but you recognize him for what he is.

Same with iOS devices. They're ok. But Android devices always are better in
anything you choose to compare against except sales figures (which is what
matters, to Apple anyway), in the end.

For that matter,
if it wasn't for the first iPhone, we Android users wouldn't have the
nice Android phones that we do. Apple got the ball rolling.

Let's not get started on all the things that Apple copied also, but yes,
Android had a target to beat, which has been beaten to death long ago.

Apple can't compete - but they win in one respect which is the loyalty and
gullibility of its overall user base.
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

On 2017-05-02, Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Jolly Roger suggested:

He's a know-nothing Apple-hating Android-zealot idiot troll. : )

Notice all I speak are verifiable facts.

Repeating that lie over and over isn't fooling anyone, dumb ass. The
troll doth protest too much. You've repeatedly shown you don't have the
mental facility to distinguish fact from fiction. You constantly claim
your dimwitted opinions are "facts". Your bull**** claim that iOS users
can't transfer stuff to any PC without installing anything on the PC is
laughably false. You're nothing but an Apple-hating zealot who clearly
knows next to *nothing* about iOS; and your stupid trolls just point out
how huge a fool you really are. The world rightly laughs at idiots like
you. You're a joke, old fart. Be proud!

JR
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

Just like he was oblivious that there are much better and more modern
ways to transfer content between devices than running a ****ing FTP
server on your mobile device - pure absurdity... : )

And how, without anything but the native software one the PC,

that's an artificial restriction, one which you violate routinely, so
you don't get to impose it.

Even *with* that restriction, I've been transferring stuff from iOS to
various PCs running various operating systems with no additional
software installed on the PCs for *years*.

yep, i was just pointing out his hypocrisy.

It's brain-dead simple and
secure - unlike the brain-dead troll's vaunted "I'll install and
configure an insecure FTP server on *each* of my mobile devices" joke of
a method. No cumbersome and insecure FTP server is needed. That he
thinks you can't *easily* do this with iOS says it all! He's a
know-nothing Apple-hating Android-zealot idiot troll. : )

don't forget needing to set a static ip so that he can find the device.
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

On 2017-05-02, nospam wrote:
In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

[...]

"Derrr... How can I find a device on my own network without a static IP
address?" : D

JR

Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

[...]

setting up dns is hard!

except that there's nothing to set up. ftp myandroidphone should work.
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

On 2017-05-02, Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Jolly Roger suggested:

Going out of your way to continually
attempt to disrupt peaceful news groups and belittle perfect strangers
with Apple-hating trolls is how you get your sick kicks. You can't die
and wither away fast enough; and lucky for the rest of the world that
day is approaching since you are near the end of your pathetic life. The
Apple news groups will cheer with a beer the day you finally keel over
for good. That is your self-created destiny. Be proud, sick old fart!

Your increasingly vile level of vitriol is hinting at a psychological
disturbance so I'll let you simmer on your own for a while.

Whatever delusion helps you sleep at night, sicko. You're the one
trolling the Apple news groups. You won't find a single post from me in
your beloved Android news groups because I'm not the sicko here with a
burning need to disrupt and belittle total strangers simply because of
their choice to use a certain product or platform - that's *your* sick
game. : )

Meanwhile...

On 2017-05-01, Tomos Davies wrote:

Android encryption is automatic (once you click the checkboxes)

LOL! What a joke! : D
Keep eating your own words, dimwit. : )

JR
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

On 2017-05-02, nospam wrote:
In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

[...]

"Huh? BIND? What's that? I don't need to glue anything together! Named??
What are you talking about?! Who am I?" : D

JR
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In , Jolly Roger suggested:

"Derrr... How can I find a device on my own network without a static IP
address?" : D

The difference between you and nospam is that nospam *purposefully*
misunderstood everything stated in the linux thread you speak of.

That's because he's actually intelligent but he's just not used to dealing
with people off the iOS newsgroups who actually can handle detail.

In your case, it's not on purpose.
Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad

In , nospam suggested:

don't forget needing to set a static ip so that he can find the device.

The record will show that the Linux people had to tell you *multiple* times
that you were dead wrong in almost everything you said.

Do you want me to prove my statements with the cites to the thread?

You know I only speak verifiable facts.

Nospam says (clueless):
he never said what the problem is, so nobody, including you, has any
idea.

Frank Slootweg replies (correctly)
He *has* said what the problem is.
Sofar the only one having no idea is you.

Nospam says (incorrectly):
You don't want a fixed IP address on a phone.

Carlos replies (correctly):
Not true, he does.

Nospam says (incorrectly):
his *guess* is that a static ip is the solution without realizing all
the problems it will cause for both himself and others.

Frank Slootweg replies:
There's no 'guessing' involved. A static IP *is* the solution.

Nospam says (incorrectly):
You want it in DHCP so it will work anywhere.

Carlos replies (correctly):
It will work everywhere perfectly as it is.

Nospam says (incorrectly):
he might think he does, but he doesn't.

Carlos replies (giving up on nospam's idiocy):
Your opinion noted.

This goes on for days on end, where nospam is dead wrong, doesn't
understand the question, doesn't like the solution, until the Linux people
just five up on him.

Here's just one of many of those conversations:

Nospam says (incorrectly):
there is no valid reason why a *phone* needs a static ip address.

Pascal replies (correctly):
In your uninformed/pig-headed opinion.
To compensate for your extreme clue-resistance, I'll give you
two clue-by-fours:
- It's common to describe a problem where?
- It's irrelevant that it's a phone. It has exactly nothing to do with
the device being a phone. He actually *first* uses the term "device"
several times, before he talks about "phone".

There's more (lots more) but the point is that you get your head handed to
you whenever you stray off of the iOS newsgroups because you just make
everything up.

I only state verifiable facts.
You just make everything up.