Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repairing Woodford Model 25 outdoor wall faucet

I have a Woodford Model 25 outdoor faucet. I am using the Woodford Model 25 repair kit to repair Wheel Handle, Head Nut and plunger assembly (parts #3, #4 and #10).

See the image

http://imgur.com/a/3H9xO

After opening the Head Nut, I cannot pull the operating rod (part #9) out all the way. The plunger Assembly (part #10 is being blocked by the faucet body.

The repair video makes it look so easy and says just pull the rod out but it is not that easy. I am afraid to put too much preasure and pull it out but do not want to break the plunger assembly part and have it stuck in the faucet body.

How should I take rod out all the way? All help is appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 19:14:47 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have a Woodford Model 25 outdoor faucet. I am using the Woodford Model 25 repair kit to repair Wheel Handle, Head Nut and plunger assembly (parts #3, #4 and #10).

See the image

http://imgur.com/a/3H9xO

After opening the Head Nut, I cannot pull the operating rod (part #9) out all the way. The plunger Assembly (part #10 is being blocked by the faucet body.

The repair video makes it look so easy and says just pull the rod out but it is not that easy. I am afraid to put too much preasure and pull it out but do not want to break the plunger assembly part and have it stuck in the faucet body.

How should I take rod out all the way? All help is appreciated. Thanks.

After looking at the video and if you have followed all of the steps properly it should come out if you pull hard
enough. I'm sure your faucet has had some corrosion and/or build up of mineral deposits of some sort making the
removal more difficult. My advice is pull harder and if that doesn't work pull even harder.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 11:39:19 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
[...]

That's what I thought to. But it looks like the faucet body wall plate is narrowing the passage to block the plunger assembly part attached to the rod. I am afraid that i break the plunger assembly attached to the rod and the plunger will break loose for me to take it out of rod.

Is this normal on these faucet?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 04:28:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

I don't know. What have you got to loose? The faucet is screwed up and if you make it worse it's still screwed up.
Pull the damn thing!