Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can loosen screw Plumbing

The handle on my sink came off.
http://imgur.com/a/bP5rf
The handle is being held down by a small piece under the Phillips head
screw. I am trying to back out the screw, but since it is not coming
out, I assume something else is turning. If I put my nephew under the
sink will he be able to clamp onto whatever is turning so I can back
out the screw?

Btw the faucet is a moen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 17:06:09 -0400, Seymore4Head
wrote:

The handle on my sink came off.
http://imgur.com/a/bP5rf
The handle is being held down by a small piece under the Phillips head
screw. I am trying to back out the screw, but since it is not coming
out, I assume something else is turning. If I put my nephew under the
sink will he be able to clamp onto whatever is turning so I can back
out the screw?

Btw the faucet is a moen.

Can you clarify? Seems to me there is nothing under the sink to
stop/fix your problem. The handle and the spout are fixed from above.

Send the picture to Moen is another option. Get their advice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/14/2017 04:06 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:
The handle on my sink came off.
http://imgur.com/a/bP5rf
The handle is being held down by a small piece under the Phillips head
screw. I am trying to back out the screw, but since it is not coming
out, I assume something else is turning. If I put my nephew under the
sink will he be able to clamp onto whatever is turning so I can back
out the screw?

Btw the faucet is a moen.

I think that piece just pulls straight out with no need to remove that
screw.

I think you need to unscrew the black plastic flange.

Read the instructions that came with it...if you don't have them just go
the Moen's website
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/14/2017 6:09 PM, philo wrote:
On 04/14/2017 04:06 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:
The handle on my sink came off.
http://imgur.com/a/bP5rf
The handle is being held down by a small piece under the Phillips head
screw. I am trying to back out the screw, but since it is not coming
out, I assume something else is turning. If I put my nephew under the
sink will he be able to clamp onto whatever is turning so I can back
out the screw?

Btw the faucet is a moen.

I think that piece just pulls straight out with no need to remove that
screw.

I think you need to unscrew the black plastic flange.

Read the instructions that came with it...if you don't have them just go
the Moen's website

Moen parts and supports section shows diagrams and videos.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 19:03:38 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 4/14/2017 6:09 PM, philo wrote:
On 04/14/2017 04:06 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:
The handle on my sink came off.
http://imgur.com/a/bP5rf
The handle is being held down by a small piece under the Phillips head
screw. I am trying to back out the screw, but since it is not coming
out, I assume something else is turning. If I put my nephew under the
sink will he be able to clamp onto whatever is turning so I can back
out the screw?

Btw the faucet is a moen.

I think that piece just pulls straight out with no need to remove that
screw.

I think you need to unscrew the black plastic flange.

Read the instructions that came with it...if you don't have them just go
the Moen's website

Moen parts and supports section shows diagrams and videos.

And parts are generally free if you contact Moen. Virtually all of
their stuff has a full warranty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 21:07:47 -0400, wrote:

[...]

Thanks everyone for the support. I sent pictures and an email Friday
night and I have still not heard from Moen. I just called customer
service this morning and the recording says they can't take calls at
this time. The recording suggests I send an email or call back at a
later time.