Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pfaucets

I take back what I said a few weeks back about using only Price
Pfister faucets. The ones I istalled a number of years back were
fantastic. The new stuff, since Black and Decker have their hands in
the pot are CRAP They no longer have the rotation stops at the top, so
the torque goes through the stem like all the chinese crap - and they
no longer use metal - the complete cartridge is now plastic, which
really makes the loss of the top stop ludicrous.
And the customer service is every bit as bad. Took almost half an hour
to get a body on the phone - no idea where his accent was from, but I
had to say everything twice - and even after giving him the model
number and purchase date (to establish what version of tap it was) I
still got the wrong parts. Only good thing I can say for them as the
parts got here faster than they said they would. Re-ordered - told the
gut "the parts are metal, not plastic" - see if we get the right parts
this time 'round