Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pfister Pfaucets/water filters

I contacted Pfister a month or two ago because my one handled kitchen faucet
would droop down while on and the water would shut off. They sent me
another set of guts, and it worked for a while. Now, it's getting hard to
work and makes a creaking sound. It also flexes a lot on the base.

I'm suspecting I got sand in there, and will take it apart tomorrow and try
to flush it out. Anyone else have this problem.

Also, is there such a thing as a full house sand filter? One that would go
in the main line. Now my ice maker and icewater dispenser in the door isn't
working, and I suspect sand, too. Will check the filter tomorrow if I get
to it.

Input appreciated.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote in message
Also, is there such a thing as a full house sand filter? One that would
go in the main line. Now my ice maker and icewater dispenser in the door
isn't working, and I suspect sand, too. Will check the filter tomorrow if
I get to it.

Any sediment filter will do. You can get one at any hardware or home center
and they are fairly easy to install.

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:

I contacted Pfister a month or two ago because my one handled kitchen faucet
would droop down while on and the water would shut off. They sent me
another set of guts, and it worked for a while. Now, it's getting hard to
work and makes a creaking sound. It also flexes a lot on the base.

I'm suspecting I got sand in there, and will take it apart tomorrow and try
to flush it out. Anyone else have this problem.

Also, is there such a thing as a full house sand filter? One that would go
in the main line. Now my ice maker and icewater dispenser in the door isn't
working, and I suspect sand, too. Will check the filter tomorrow if I get
to it.

Input appreciated.

Steve

Yes, readily available most anywhere including the big box stores, and
cheap at around $20. They are all pretty standardized as well so the
filters are interchangeable. One recommendation is to buy your filters
at a real plumbing supply store by the case. Last time I did that, the
basic sediment / sand filter (5 micron rating) was like $1.88 ea. They
work very well for trapping the sand and sediment from a well that clogs
faucet aerators and damages valves.