Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,alt.politics.uk

Default Flight MH370 still not found

On 3/6/2017 1:51 PM, Caecilius wrote:

The Boeing 777 with 239 people on board vanished on March 8, 2014,

Australia, Malaysia and China jointly called off the search operation
in January.

I understand you can't search every square inch of the ocean floor
where it could have ended up based on the amount of fuel available. I
suspect such a brute-force search would be unlikely to give a result
in a reasonable timescale anyway, even if the countries concerned
could afford to finance them.

But I don't think that means everyone should just give up. My
understanding is that this is the only time that an airliner has been
lost like this, and just letting it fade away would be wrong.

I'm sure the families would like closure, but how long can you go? It
may be laying next to Amelia Earhart's plane and can cost billions of
dollars and decades and not be found..