Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Rang Hood Replacement

I have an old model #233.51645590 that is not made anymore.It is the standard 30 inch size. Does anyone know any other brands that would fit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have an old model #233.51645590 that is not made anymore.It is the standard 30 inch size. Does anyone know any other brands that would fit.

Is the hood ducted to the outside or does it just recirculate the air?

There are plenty of 30" hoods available, but as Terry mentioned finding one that lines up with the existing power source could be a challenge. Many of the hoods that I have removed have had extra slack on the wire in the wall so that it could be relocated to a new hood or up to the cabinet for a microwave oven receptacle.

Remove the old hood and see what is there. Do not cut the wires, disconnect them neatly.

John Grabowski
https://www.MrElectrician.TV
Posted to alt.home.repair

John G wrote:
I have an old model #233.51645590 that is not made anymore.It is the
standard 30 inch size. Does anyone know any other brands that would
fit.

Is the hood ducted to the outside or does it just recirculate the air?

There are plenty of 30" hoods available, but as Terry mentioned
finding one that lines up with the existing power source could be a
challenge. Many of the hoods that I have removed have had extra
slack on the wire in the wall so that it could be relocated to a new
hood or up to the cabinet for a microwave oven receptacle.

Remove the old hood and see what is there. Do not cut the wires,
disconnect them neatly.

John Grabowski
https://www.MrElectrician.TV

I guess I shoulda been more clear , I meant the outlet for the air ... but
'lectric is also a consideration !
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 11:48:25 AM UTC-8, John G wrote:
I have an old model #233.51645590 that is not made anymore.It is the standard 30 inch size. Does anyone know any other brands that would fit.

Is the hood ducted to the outside or does it just recirculate the air?

There are plenty of 30" hoods available, but as Terry mentioned finding one that lines up with the existing power source could be a challenge. Many of the hoods that I have removed have had extra slack on the wire in the wall so that it could be relocated to a new hood or up to the cabinet for a microwave oven receptacle.

Remove the old hood and see what is there. Do not cut the wires, disconnect them neatly.

John Grabowski
https://www.MrElectrician.TV

I took you guys advice and bought a different brand that fit.