Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Default Arby's investigates credit card security breach at hundreds ofrestaurants

Arby's investigates credit card security breach at hundreds of
restaurants

WTF?? At the request of the FBI the company did not go public about
the incident, which could involve over 355,000 different credit and
debit cards.

According to Krebs, the Arbys breach most likely occurred between Oct.
25, 2016 and Jan. 19.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...rants.htm.html

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 2/12/2017 5:49 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
Arby's investigates credit card security breach at hundreds of
restaurants

WTF?? At the request of the FBI the company did not go public about
the incident, which could involve over 355,000 different credit and
debit cards.

According to Krebs, the Arbys breach most likely occurred between Oct.
25, 2016 and Jan. 19.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...rants.htm.html

And yet there are proponents of eliminating cash. I go to Arby's a few
times a year but they don't have my CC info. I can come up with a $20
bill.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 5:49:01 AM UTC-5, burfordTjustice wrote:
Arby's investigates credit card security breach at hundreds of
restaurants

WTF?? At the request of the FBI the company did not go public about
the incident, which could involve over 355,000 different credit and
debit cards.

According to Krebs, the Arbys breach most likely occurred between Oct.
25, 2016 and Jan. 19.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...rants.htm.html

my card got cancelled on friday because of a security breach, on monday i will ask if it was arbys......

its a PIA having to replace a card, and must cost the card providers a fortune every time its happened.

my cards have ben cancelled 15 times or so.......

the government should make the companies that have a data breach pay for all card replacements. and give each and every card holder a 100 bucks for each card that must be replaced......

it will give the people running insecure systems a FIANCIAL INCENTIVE to make security a priority
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/12/2017 11:02 AM, bob haller wrote:

my card got cancelled on friday because of a security breach, on monday i will ask if it was arbys......

its a PIA having to replace a card, and must cost the card providers a fortune every time its happened.

my cards have ben cancelled 15 times or so.......

the government should make the companies that have a data breach pay for all card replacements. and give each and every card holder a 100 bucks for each card that must be replaced......

it will give the people running insecure systems a FIANCIAL INCENTIVE to make security a priority

In my opinion, Arby's has ****ty food. I can't imagine their data security is any better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 08:02:43 -0800 (PST)
bob haller wrote:

my cards have ben cancelled 15 times or so.......

You use it at a lot of shady places then...WTF?