Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, USS Enterprise Age 50 RIP

The Big E has been officially decommissioned and will be scrapped. Perhaps the Navy could auction off small pieces of the aircraft carrier as collectors items? I'm sure a lot of people would love to have a placard with a chunk of the carrier. Goodbye old girl, rest in pieces. (~_~

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/03...d-history.html

http://tinyurl.com/gq35eqt

[8~{} Uncle Carrier Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/02/2017 10:36 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
The Big E has been officially decommissioned and will be scrapped. Perhaps the Navy could auction off small pieces of the aircraft carrier as collectors items? I'm sure a lot of people would love to have a placard with a chunk of the carrier. Goodbye old girl, rest in pieces. (~_~

Is it because of the nuclear reactor? 50 years of radiation burning
might have "eroded" the reactor casing finally?

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
Posted to alt.home.repair

--

The newest carriers have 2 nuclear reactors and the Enterprise has 8 small ones which was a bit complex. The Enterprise has a steam powered catapult whereas the newest carriers coming out of the shipyard are going to have electromagnetic catapults. The new carriers will be using technology that's a half century ahead of the Enterprise. The Enterprise served The United States well and was even a movie star. Perhaps some group or city will want the carrier for a museum? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Radioactive Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle wrote:
[...]

I'm worried the United States relies too much on technology. That Russian device that can shut down an entire ship is a serious problem. A video is on YouTube if you haven't seen it. I don't remember the name of the video.

We should keep some old fashioned weapons that don't rely on high technology.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, February 5, 2017 at 11:34:57 PM UTC-6, cowabunga dude wrote:
Uncle wrote:
[...]

Military aircraft and naval vessels are shielded against EMP. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Navel Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle wrote:
[...]

They might be shielded against EMP but that device Russia mounted on their plane that knocked out everything on one of our ships that was electronic, left it dead in the water, and at their mercy, which Russia doesn't have much of.

They made quite a few passes over our ship and there was nothing we could do until the Russian planes flew away. They showed us how vulnerable we are to that device.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote:
The Big E has been officially decommissioned and will be scrapped. Perhaps the Navy could auction off small pieces of the aircraft carrier as collectors items? I'm sure a lot of people would love to have a placard with a chunk of the carrier. Goodbye old girl, rest in pieces. (~_~

Rust In Pieces...

or since it is February, Rust in Pices.

songbird
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle wrote:
[...]

And where did you see this? I saw the same video on YouTube which of course is a repository/suppository of truth. I'd be interested to know your source. Let's see, Chinese made microprocessor have a backdoor so an enemy like Russia and China can knock out U.S. military computer systems. Perhaps that's a good reason to get all manufacturing for electronic components used by the military back in the U.S.? I love a "good" conspiracy. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Secret Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/02/2017 1:34 PM, cowabunga dude wrote:
I'm worried the United States relies too much on technology. That
Russian device that can shut down an entire ship is a serious problem. A
video is on YouTube if you haven't seen it. I don't remember the name of
the video.

You fight Russia using inter-continental nuclear missiles!

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/02/2017 2:09 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Military aircraft and naval vessels are shielded against EMP. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

And stealth jets are the main strike aircraft to deliver EMP to enemies
invisibly?

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/02/2017 8:35 PM, songbird wrote:

Rust In Pieces...
or since it is February, Rust in Pices.

Let's forget about everything except the things near the nuclear
reactor. Could those metal be recycled? Or would they needed to be
stored underground like nuclear wastes?

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 7:31:06 AM UTC-6, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 6/02/2017 8:35 PM, songbird wrote:

Rust In Pieces...
or since it is February, Rust in Pices.

Let's forget about everything except the things near the nuclear
reactor. Could those metal be recycled? Or would they needed to be
stored underground like nuclear wastes?
--

Simple, use the radioactive metals to make the housings for nuclear weapons.. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Radioactive Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle wrote:
[...]

No conspiracy to it, dumb ass, stop hallucinating about back door Trojans in microprocessors, the Russians have a device that put our naval vessel dead in the water, while they made simulated bombing runs. All the high tech weapons were useless, that's why they need to keep some old fashioned weapons on board for situations like that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 06 Feb 2017 11:18:42 -0600, "cowabunga dude"
wrote:

No conspiracy to it, dumb ass, stop hallucinating about back door Trojans in microprocessors, the Russians have a device that put our naval vessel dead in the water, while they made simulated bombing runs. All the high tech weapons were useless, that's why they need to keep some old fashioned weapons on board for situations like that.

Show a URL or video for this magic weapon, please. I'd like to read
or see about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

No conspiracy to it, dumb ass, stop hallucinating about back door Trojans in microprocessors, the Russians have a device that put our naval vessel dead in the water, while they made simulated bombing runs. All the high tech weapons were useless, that's why they need to keep some old fashioned weapons on board for situations like that.

Show a URL or video for this magic weapon, please. I'd like to read
or see about it.

Dunno about the Russians, but there were a bunch of
alien invaders with a super duper EMP projector
that knocked out just about everything.

Fortunately, the USS IOWA, which was on its final
cruise enroute to a museum dock, was passing
nearby. And since it's 75 years old, it continued
to function and we kicked those ET's away.

Documented in:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Warships

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
No conspiracy to it, dumb ass, stop hallucinating about back door Trojans in microprocessors, the Russians have a device that put our naval vessel dead in the water, while they made simulated bombing runs. All the high tech weapons were useless, that's why they need to keep some old fashioned weapons on board for situations like that.

Show a URL or video for this magic weapon, please. I'd like to read
or see about it.

You said you saw the same video on YouTube so why should I provide you with a URL or video? You said you saw it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 06 Feb 2017 17:19:04 -0600, "cowabunga dude"

wrote:
No conspiracy to it, dumb ass, stop hallucinating about back door Trojans in microprocessors, the Russians have a device that put our naval vessel dead in the water, while they made simulated bombing runs. All the high tech weapons were useless, that's why they need to keep some old fashioned weapons on board for situations like that.

Show a URL or video for this magic weapon, please. I'd like to read
or see about it.

You said you saw the same video on YouTube so why should I provide you with a URL or video? You said you saw it.

I made one reply in this thread. NOW show me and the rest of the class
where I said I saw the video on Youtube? Take as much time and space
that you need to prove I said it.

Pass the doobie dude! Don't be a bogart.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
No conspiracy to it, dumb ass, stop hallucinating about back door Trojans in microprocessors, the Russians have a device that put our naval vessel dead in the water, while they made simulated bombing runs. All the high tech weapons were useless, that's why they need to keep some old fashioned weapons on board for situations like that.
Show a URL or video for this magic weapon, please. I'd like to read
or see about it.

You said you saw the same video on YouTube so why should I provide you with a URL or video? You said you saw it.

I made one reply in this thread. NOW show me and the rest of the class
where I said I saw the video on Youtube? Take as much time and space
that you need to prove I said it.

Pass the doobie dude! Don't be a bogart.

I think the stoner conspiracy nut got you mixed up with me. I remember seeing something about it on YouTube. Of course, I believe everything I see on YouTube because nobody would upload lies to YouTube, would they? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...tronic+systems

http://tinyurl.com/j96tl3w

[8~{} Uncle Truthful Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 19:36:09 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

I think the stoner conspiracy nut got you mixed up with me. I remember seeing something about it on YouTube. Of course, I believe everything I see on YouTube because nobody would upload lies to YouTube, would they? \_(?)_/

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...tronic+systems

http://tinyurl.com/j96tl3w

[8~{} Uncle Truthful Monster

Best comment:

"this technology has no effect on lesbians or transgender soldiers.
with the right frequency you can make a unicorn **** a rainbow. bambi
and other talking animals agree with 97.07% of scientists that this
world has sho gone crazy!"