external usenet poster

Default OT, USS Enterprise Age 50 RIP

On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 2:38:54 AM UTC-6, cowabunga dude wrote:
Uncle wrote:
On Sunday, February 5, 2017 at 11:34:57 PM UTC-6, cowabunga dude wrote:
Uncle wrote:
On Sunday, February 5, 2017 at 10:27:39 PM UTC-6, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 6/02/2017 10:36 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
The Big E has been officially decommissioned and will be scrapped. Perhaps the Navy could auction off small pieces of the aircraft carrier as collectors items? I'm sure a lot of people would love to have a placard with a chunk of the carrier. Goodbye old girl, rest in pieces. (~_~

Is it because of the nuclear reactor? 50 years of radiation burning
might have "eroded" the reactor casing finally?
--
The newest carriers have 2 nuclear reactors and the Enterprise has 8 small ones which was a bit complex. The Enterprise has a steam powered catapult whereas the newest carriers coming out of the shipyard are going to have electromagnetic catapults. The new carriers will be using technology that's a half century ahead of the Enterprise. The Enterprise served The United States well and was even a movie star. Perhaps some group or city will want the carrier for a museum? ヽ(ヅ)ノ
[8~{} Uncle Radioactive Monster

I'm worried the United States relies too much on technology. That Russian device that can shut down an entire ship is a serious problem. A video is on YouTube if you haven't seen it. I don't remember the name of the video.

We should keep some old fashioned weapons that don't rely on high technology.

Military aircraft and naval vessels are shielded against EMP. ヽ(ヅ)ノ
[8~{} Uncle Navel Monster

They might be shielded against EMP but that device Russia mounted on their plane that knocked out everything on one of our ships that was electronic, left it dead in the water, and at their mercy, which Russia doesn't have much of.

They made quite a few passes over our ship and there was nothing we could do until the Russian planes flew away. They showed us how vulnerable we are to that device.

And where did you see this? I saw the same video on YouTube which of course is a repository/suppository of truth. I'd be interested to know your source. Let's see, Chinese made microprocessor have a backdoor so an enemy like Russia and China can knock out U.S. military computer systems. Perhaps that's a good reason to get all manufacturing for electronic components used by the military back in the U.S.? I love a "good" conspiracy. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Secret Monster