Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Win 7 or XP?

Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`
Snuffy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2017 1:09 PM, Newgene McMensa wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`
Snuffy

Anything is better than 8.1 IMO. I'd go with W7. I find it a bit
better than XP. W10 is not so bad either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 13:30:01 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/29/2017 1:09 PM, Newgene McMensa wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`
Snuffy

Anything is better than 8.1 IMO. I'd go with W7. I find it a bit
better than XP. W10 is not so bad either.

I prefer Win 7.

OP:

Windows downgrade rights

To use prior versions of Windows software on PCs installed with newer
versions, it is possible for consumers to obtain a license for
downgrade rights. These downgrade rights will vary depending on if the
software was acquired via Volume Licensing, OEM, or FPP. To learn more
about these rights, review the downgrade rights licensing brief.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/learn-more/brief-downgrade-rights.aspx
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 13:30:01 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/29/2017 1:09 PM, Newgene McMensa wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`
Snuffy

Anything is better than 8.1 IMO. I'd go with W7. I find it a bit
better than XP. W10 is not so bad either.

7 pro if you have a choice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Ed Pawlowski:
... I'd go with W7. I find it a bit
better than XP.

+1, but with the observation that I have 8.1 on my laptop and, since
installing something called "Start8" and tweaking a few settings, it
looks/feels pretty much like Windows 7 - i.e. it's 100% livable for me.
--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 12:06:45 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Ed Pawlowski:
... I'd go with W7. I find it a bit
better than XP.

+1, but with the observation that I have 8.1 on my laptop and, since
installing something called "Start8" and tweaking a few settings, it
looks/feels pretty much like Windows 7 - i.e. it's 100% livable for me.
--
Pete Cresswell

Just out of curiousity, why didn't you upgrade to Win 10 when you
could have for free?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Per Ed Pawlowski:
... I'd go with W7. I find it a bit
better than XP.

+1, but with the observation that I have 8.1 on my laptop and, since
installing something called "Start8" and tweaking a few settings, it
looks/feels pretty much like Windows 7 - i.e. it's 100% livable for
me. --
Pete Cresswell

Just out of curiousity, why didn't you upgrade to Win 10 when you
could have for free?

Cause he is smarter than you...
win 10 is nothing but spyware.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per trader_4:
Just out of curiousity, why didn't you upgrade to Win 10 when you
could have for free?

I don't trust Microsoft.... plus it seemed like their new business model
was making people monthly or annual fees to use products rather than
letting them purchase outright.

"If a product is free, chances are that *you* are the product...".

Don't have the grey matter or the knowledge to assess my impression
further, but there did not seem to be any incremental benefit to
10...and I may not even live long enough to see security support stop
for either 7 or 8..... and if I do, and my IQ is still above room
temperature, and I have to spring for a few 10 or 12 or
whatever-it-is-by-then licenses... Oh well...

--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 4:40:47 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per trader_4:
Just out of curiousity, why didn't you upgrade to Win 10 when you
could have for free?

I don't trust Microsoft.... plus it seemed like their new business model
was making people monthly or annual fees to use products rather than
letting them purchase outright.

I saw some pundits saying that since Win 10 came out. All I know is
I've had it for 9 months now and no one is making me pay anything.
Nor have I heard it happening to any other home users. Plus, if
they ever did try to do that, I can still go back to Win 7.
Which BTW, you could have done too. If you put Win 10 on it, you're
registered and OK'd to put it on again at any time in the future.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2017 1:09 PM, Newgene McMensa wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`
Snuffy

If ease of use is your goal, consider Microsoft Bob Desktop running on Windows for Workgroups 3.11

My next choice would be Windows 10.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 13:33:12 -0500, Al Dente
wrote:

On 1/29/2017 1:09 PM, Newgene McMensa wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`
Snuffy

If ease of use is your goal, consider Microsoft Bob Desktop running on Windows for Workgroups 3.11

As long as you don't need internet access. 7 or 10 - forget anything
in between - and except for special apps forget XP - and regardless,
forget anything earlier.

My next choice would be Windows 10.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 1/29/2017 1:09 PM, Newgene McMensa wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface
is more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it. `
Snuffy

If ease of use is your goal, consider Microsoft Bob Desktop
running on Windows for Workgroups 3.11

As long as you don't need internet access. 7 or 10 - forget
anything in between - and except for special apps forget XP - and
regardless, forget anything earlier.

What do you mean as long as you don't need internet access? Windows
3.x was capable of surfing the internet, running gopher, ftp
client/servers, irc client/servers, etc. hell, at one point, I even
ran a web server on windows 3.1. Trumpet winsock provided the tcpip
stack for it to work via PPP over a dialup modem, but, I could have
also used the network card present in the machine had I access to a
cat5 cable at the time. I nuked a pile of windows 9x machines from my
lowly little windows 3.1 box, too. It was immune to OOB, but, it
could easily send one to a vulnerable box.

Why forget XP? Is it security concerns or lack of upcoming
software/driver support? If the latter, I can understand your
position, if the former, I'd say you've been drinking a lot of scare
mongering MS based koolaid. XP hasn't magically opened the barn door
and let all the horses out just because MS no longer supports it.

Due to the telemetry present in Windows 10, given the choice, I'd
recommend Windows 7; it doesn't presently spy on you as much and, you
don't have to jump thru hoops to remove 'default' apps.

--
Sarcasm, because beating the living **** out of deserving people is
illegal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/29/2017 02:19 PM, Diesel wrote:
Why forget XP? Is it security concerns or lack of upcoming
software/driver support? If the latter, I can understand your
position, if the former, I'd say you've been drinking a lot of scare
mongering MS based koolaid. XP hasn't magically opened the barn door
and let all the horses out just because MS no longer supports it.

If you're running XP and it does what you want there is no problem with
it. I still have an XP machine at work that is one of my build boxes.

BUT a lot of software will no longer install on it if you need a new
version for any reason. 32-bit machines are becoming problematic
regardless of the OS. The last 32-bit Chrome version was released a
while back. It works as well as it ever did but it's also the end of the
line.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman
Mon, 30 Jan 2017 01:34:14 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 01/29/2017 02:19 PM, Diesel wrote:
Why forget XP? Is it security concerns or lack of upcoming
software/driver support? If the latter, I can understand your
position, if the former, I'd say you've been drinking a lot of
scare mongering MS based koolaid. XP hasn't magically opened the
barn door and let all the horses out just because MS no longer
supports it.

If you're running XP and it does what you want there is no problem
with it. I still have an XP machine at work that is one of my
build boxes.

The majority of my workstations have been converted to linux, but, a
few are still Windows based. I do have a Windows 7 and Windows 10
machine on the network, but, neither of them are vlk like. Whereas
the XP machines are. That's important to me. The XP machines are
still doing what I ask of them, but, I realize should one suffer
major hardware failure I likely won't be able to have all the new
components in a new system running under XP. It's possible thanks to
a couple of large driver database packages, but, not guaranteed.

BUT a lot of software will no longer install on it if you need a
new version for any reason. 32-bit machines are becoming
problematic regardless of the OS. The last 32-bit Chrome version
was released a while back. It works as well as it ever did but
it's also the end of the line.

I don't disagree.

--
Sarcasm, because beating the living **** out of deserving people is
illegal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/29/2017 03:19 PM, Diesel wrote:

[snip]

Due to the telemetry present in Windows 10, given the choice, I'd
recommend Windows 7; it doesn't presently spy on you as much and, you
don't have to jump thru hoops to remove 'default' apps.

I do too. For important things that require Windows, I use 7. The Win 10
installation is just for testing (I want to see how my website works in
Edge).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Think First" - First National Bank. Notice that the words also mean
what advertisers want you NOT to do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 1:09:54 PM UTC-5, Newgene McMensa wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`
Snuffy

I've used XP, then Win 7, and now 10. NEver used 8, but 7 is very similar
user interface to XP. Win 10 is a bit different, but not as different as
I feared based on some reviews and quick looks at it at stores. Given
the choice and support level, between XP and 7, I'd go with 7. Win 10
is by far the best, most stable MSFT OS IMO.
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4

wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is
more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it. `
Snuffy

I've used XP, then Win 7, and now 10. NEver used 8, but 7 is very
similar user interface to XP. Win 10 is a bit different, but not
as different as I feared based on some reviews and quick looks at
it at stores. Given the choice and support level, between XP and
7, I'd go with 7. Win 10 is by far the best, most stable MSFT OS
IMO.

I'm glad you stated IMO with your Windows 10 comment, Trader. Much
easier to defend an opinion without facts.

--
Sarcasm, because beating the living **** out of deserving people is
illegal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Newgene McMensa wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is
more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`
Snuffy

7 is a lot like Vista , I personally prefer XP Pro ... I have no
experiencewith anything newer but I hear 10 invades your privacy
significantly - and by default puts all your stuff in the cloud . I prefer
to store my stuff right here at home .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2017 1:41 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Newgene McMensa wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is
more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`
Snuffy

7 is a lot like Vista , I personally prefer XP Pro ... I have no
experiencewith anything newer but I hear 10 invades your privacy
significantly - and by default puts all your stuff in the cloud . I prefer
to store my stuff right here at home .

You just have to watch the setup. Nothing of mine goes to the cloud,
never did, never will.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Newgene McMensa wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is
more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`
Snuffy

7 is a lot like Vista , I personally prefer XP Pro ... I have no
experiencewith anything newer but I hear 10 invades your privacy
significantly - and by default puts all your stuff in the cloud . I prefer
to store my stuff right here at home .

You just have to watch the setup. Nothing of mine goes to the cloud,
never did, never will.

I don't know that you can say that nothing goes to the cloud.
Search queries using Edge for example? You can't stop the
cloud from seeing what you want to search for, and maybe not
from using it for their own purposes either. But if you mean
your typical saved word files, excel stuff, that doesn't
automatically go to the cloud on Win 10, AFAIK anyway.

But I did what you did, control the setup and disable anything
I didn't want from going. But, all said, whatever goes on
with Win 10, from a security standpoint, is no worse than what
goes on with a smartphone. Don't know about anyone else, but
I do just as much stuff on a phone as I do on a PC these days.

I'm very happy with Win 10, by far the best OS they've produced
yet. The one weak spot is the Edge browser sucks, it can't
manage bookmarks, for example. But I tried it for a few days,
then quickly went to Chrome.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2017 4:14 PM, trader_4 wrote:

I don't know that you can say that nothing goes to the cloud.
Search queries using Edge for example? You can't stop the
cloud from seeing what you want to search for, and maybe not
from using it for their own purposes either. But if you mean
your typical saved word files, excel stuff, that doesn't
automatically go to the cloud on Win 10, AFAIK anyway.

Any search engine is taking your inquiries. I use Google on Chrome.

I'm very happy with Win 10, by far the best OS they've produced
yet. The one weak spot is the Edge browser sucks, it can't
manage bookmarks, for example. But I tried it for a few days,
then quickly went to Chrome.

I use Yahoo mail as that is what my ISP uses. With Edge, I cannot reply
to Yahoo mail so I'm sticking with Chrome. I could use another mail
program, but that does not work well as I work from three different
computers.

Google is no less evil than MS or anyone else, but it works for me.
Even simple things like saving a password on one computer makes it
available on others if I'm signed in. My calendar shows appointments my
wife has too so it is easy to void conflicts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 16:51:32 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/29/2017 4:14 PM, trader_4 wrote:

I don't know that you can say that nothing goes to the cloud.
Search queries using Edge for example? You can't stop the
cloud from seeing what you want to search for, and maybe not
from using it for their own purposes either. But if you mean
your typical saved word files, excel stuff, that doesn't
automatically go to the cloud on Win 10, AFAIK anyway.

Any search engine is taking your inquiries. I use Google on Chrome.

I'm very happy with Win 10, by far the best OS they've produced
yet. The one weak spot is the Edge browser sucks, it can't
manage bookmarks, for example. But I tried it for a few days,
then quickly went to Chrome.

I use IE11 on Win10 Pro. It comes installed but not "enabled". Very
simple to set up - Edge is basically trial-ware - not ready for prime
time yet.

I use Yahoo mail as that is what my ISP uses. With Edge, I cannot reply
to Yahoo mail so I'm sticking with Chrome. I could use another mail
program, but that does not work well as I work from three different
computers.

Google is no less evil than MS or anyone else, but it works for me.
Even simple things like saving a password on one computer makes it
available on others if I'm signed in. My calendar shows appointments my
wife has too so it is easy to void conflicts.

I use Firefox where IE11 does not do the job - I find Chrome to be
bloated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 13:14:57 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

I don't know that you can say that nothing goes to the cloud.
Search queries using Edge for example? You can't stop the
cloud from seeing what you want to search for, and maybe not
from using it for their own purposes either. But if you mean
your typical saved word files, excel stuff, that doesn't
automatically go to the cloud on Win 10, AFAIK anyway.

I only have one question. Lets say someone buys a computer with Win10,
and only buys it to run office software, or they design graphics, or use
it to operate a DJ music service, etc. and does NOT connect it to the
internet at all.

Nothing can go to a cloud, MS cant spy on anyone, etc. Will Win10 even
function without an internet connection?

I have an XP machine that I use to store data. I have many thousands of
videos and music on it, and I have a backup of all my personal stuff on
it (besides my regular backups). That computer has NEVER been connected
to the internet, nor is it networked to any other computer. Everything I
put on it, is put there using flash drives. I do use it to watch the
videos and play music, but it will NEVER be connected to the internet.
This way I dont have to worry about malware (I scan everything before I
put it on that machine).

Anyhow, it works fine as it is. I installed XP Sp3 initially. I dont
need any upgrades. It works fine as it is, for what I do with it.

But I question if Win10 would work that way? Not that it much matters, I
have no intention to upgrade to 10. I dont want anyting above Win7.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I don't know that you can say that nothing goes to the cloud.
Search queries using Edge for example? You can't stop the
cloud from seeing what you want to search for, and maybe not
from using it for their own purposes either. But if you mean
your typical saved word files, excel stuff, that doesn't
automatically go to the cloud on Win 10, AFAIK anyway.

I only have one question. Lets say someone buys a computer with Win10,
and only buys it to run office software, or they design graphics, or use
it to operate a DJ music service, etc. and does NOT connect it to the
internet at all.

Nothing can go to a cloud, MS cant spy on anyone, etc. Will Win10 even
function without an internet connection?

From everything I've seen, yes. You may have to connect once
when you set it up, to validate, register your copy of Windows.
But I've had a Win 10 machine that was not connected to the
internet for 6 months and it was still working fine, no
warning messages or anything. Could it have something in
there that will complain to be connected after a year, 5 years,
seems unlikely, but I don't know. Seems unlikely, because I
think it would cause more problems for MSFT with no benefit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I don't know that you can say that nothing goes to the cloud.
Search queries using Edge for example? You can't stop the
cloud from seeing what you want to search for, and maybe not
from using it for their own purposes either. But if you mean
your typical saved word files, excel stuff, that doesn't
automatically go to the cloud on Win 10, AFAIK anyway.

I only have one question. Lets say someone buys a computer with Win10,
and only buys it to run office software, or they design graphics, or use
it to operate a DJ music service, etc. and does NOT connect it to the
internet at all.

Nothing can go to a cloud, MS cant spy on anyone, etc. Will Win10 even
function without an internet connection?

Yres it will function just fine without even a network connection -
muchless an internet connection

I have an XP machine that I use to store data. I have many thousands of
videos and music on it, and I have a backup of all my personal stuff on
it (besides my regular backups). That computer has NEVER been connected
to the internet, nor is it networked to any other computer. Everything I
put on it, is put there using flash drives. I do use it to watch the
videos and play music, but it will NEVER be connected to the internet.
This way I dont have to worry about malware (I scan everything before I
put it on that machine).

Anyhow, it works fine as it is. I installed XP Sp3 initially. I dont
need any upgrades. It works fine as it is, for what I do with it.

But I question if Win10 would work that way? Not that it much matters, I
have no intention to upgrade to 10. I dont want anyting above Win7.

It will work just fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 12:41:15 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Newgene McMensa wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is
more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`
Snuffy

7 is a lot like Vista , I personally prefer XP Pro ... I have no
experiencewith anything newer but I hear 10 invades your privacy
significantly - and by default puts all your stuff in the cloud . I prefer
to store my stuff right here at home .

When installing 10, use"custom" install and turn off everything you
can turn off. Default settings allow sharing on the cloud, but default
to local storage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/29/2017 11:41 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
7 is a lot like Vista , I personally prefer XP Pro ... I have no
experiencewith anything newer but I hear 10 invades your privacy
significantly - and by default puts all your stuff in the cloud . I prefer
to store my stuff right here at home .

No, 7 actually works... I had very few dealing with Vista but those
were painful. Luckily our clients skipped it completely just like they
skipped 8. MS has a reputation among IT professionals that you're
better off skipping every other release. They've clouded that pool with
the Windows 10 Forever scheme. Now you don't know which update is going
to hose your machine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
On 01/29/2017 11:41 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
7 is a lot like Vista , I personally prefer XP Pro ... I have no
experiencewith anything newer but I hear 10 invades your privacy
significantly - and by default puts all your stuff in the cloud . I
prefer to store my stuff right here at home .

No, 7 actually works... I had very few dealing with Vista but those
were painful. Luckily our clients skipped it completely just like they
skipped 8. MS has a reputation among IT professionals that you're
better off skipping every other release. They've clouded that pool
with the Windows 10 Forever scheme. Now you don't know which update
is going to hose your machine.

I meant to say that it "feels" a lot like Vista .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 10:09:01 -0800, "Newgene McMensa"
wrote:

Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`

Snuffy,

See this before you think further about XP. My wife has Vista.
Extended support will end in April.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

She will get a new system with Win 10 in a few weeks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`

Snuffy,

See this before you think further about XP. My wife has Vista.
Extended support will end in April.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

She will get a new system with Win 10 in a few weeks.

Vista (like Millenium Edition - ME) was an abortion.XP, 7, or 10 were
solid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/29/2017 11:51 AM, Oren wrote:
She will get a new system with Win 10 in a few weeks.

You may want to consider separate vacations and take yours about then.
It's not that it's a bad OS but many of the things she is used to don't
work that way anymore. They're still there once you learn how to find them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 18:44:42 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 01/29/2017 11:51 AM, Oren wrote:
She will get a new system with Win 10 in a few weeks.

You may want to consider separate vacations and take yours about then.
It's not that it's a bad OS but many of the things she is used to don't
work that way anymore. They're still there once you learn how to find them.

I'm letting her spend her money. If it means I don't have a bother,
I'll be happy for now. Taint no way will I teach her another OS. She
don't want to know, "Just do this" is her mantra.

My neighbor teaches her about her smart phone :-\
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/29/2017 12:09 PM, Newgene McMensa wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`
Snuffy

Although I've been a Linux user since about the year 2000 I still
support Windows machines ...at one time on a daily basis.

XP was a great OS in it's day but is no longer supported. If you have a
new machine you will not find drivers for the hardware and aside from
lack of new MS security updates, you will not have much luck finding a
up to date and secure web browser for it.

If my choice were between Win8.1 and Win7 I'd probably go with Win8.1
simply because it will be supported longer. Then I'd get the free
utility Classic Shell http://www.classicshell.net/

Classic Shell will return the standard Win7 GUI to you.
I've installed it on a lot of machine where the user could not deal with
Win8 and as far as they are concerned , it's just the same as Win7
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo news Jan 2017 19:11:41 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 01/29/2017 12:09 PM, Newgene McMensa wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is
more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it. `
Snuffy

Although I've been a Linux user since about the year 2000 I still
support Windows machines ...at one time on a daily basis.

XP was a great OS in it's day but is no longer supported. If you
have a new machine you will not find drivers for the hardware and
aside from lack of new MS security updates, you will not have much
luck finding a up to date and secure web browser for it.

The driver issue with a new machine may/may not be entirely true.
There's atleast two huge (won't even fit on a dual layer dvd)
programs that are massive driver collections. Most of the time, so
far, they are able to find drivers for XP to allow a recent hardware
build to roll with it.

If my choice were between Win8.1 and Win7 I'd probably go with
Win8.1 simply because it will be supported longer. Then I'd get
the free utility Classic Shell http://www.classicshell.net/

I'd stick with Windows 7 given the limited choice described above.
Windows 8.x is terrible.

Classic Shell will return the standard Win7 GUI to you.

Well, for the most part, yes. It's not quite the same thing as the
real GUI, though.

I've installed it on a lot of machine where the user could not
deal with Win8 and as far as they are concerned , it's just the
same as Win7

With a few minor differences, yes. I use classic shell for clients as
well to force their windows 8.x machines to look/feel more like the
ones they are accustomed to.

--
Sarcasm, because beating the living **** out of deserving people is
illegal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/29/2017 03:19 PM, Diesel wrote:

[snip]

I'd stick with Windows 7 given the limited choice described above.
Windows 8.x is terrible.

I remember when I got the Win 8 preview. It made my PC look like an
iPhone. I don't like that, especially on a computer.

[snip]