Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drain Pipe Sizes

Anyone know what the typical inside wall diameter for house drain pipes were with this place was built in the mid-1960's? I'm talking about the drains under the house (inaccessible in this one) - from the toilets to the main drain connection, and the main from the house to the street.

The drain from the washer to the main drain is the only one I can see, and it's standard 1-1/2 inch pipe -- smaller than they install these days.

Snuffy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 13:14:34 -0800, "Newgene McMensa"
wrote:

Anyone know what the typical inside wall diameter for house drain pipes were with this place was built in the mid-1960's? I'm talking about the drains under the house (inaccessible in this one) - from the toilets to the main drain connection, and the main from the house to the street.

The drain from the washer to the main drain is the only one I can see, and it's standard 1-1/2 inch pipe -- smaller than they install these days.

Snuffy

4" would be my guess. Usually the sink drains are 1.5" or 2", the
toilets are 3" feeding a 4" trunk but I assume YMMV

Pipe sizes Steve B[_13_] Metalworking 12 May 14th 12 12:04 AM
Conservatory guttering - drain pipe onto patio, not into drain? David Robinson UK diy 19 November 6th 10 09:16 AM
CH pipe sizes Stephen[_6_] UK diy 41 August 6th 09 06:55 PM
CH pipe sizes Stephen[_2_] UK diy 2 October 17th 08 07:48 PM
Shower Drain Strainer Won't Fit, Part II -- How to Remove a SmallLength of a Drain Pipe? mtco Home Repair 3 February 7th 07 04:45 AM