Kay Gallo

Default High Efficiency Furnace - Decorative PVC vent kit?

Hello, we are purchasing a 92% efficient furnace. I thought I had
heard of a PVC vent kit for the outside wall on the house, that
replaced the need for the traditional 2" PVC pipery that would
otherwise stick out somewhat unsightly.

I pictured an oval, high impact plastic shroud, where the outside edge
was used for intake air, and somewhere in the center, the exhaust. I
also pictured it not sticking out very far from the wall.

The most practical wall for the PVC to exit our house, is where the
driveway runs, and it's somewhat narrow. Having PVC honkers out the
wall would be more hazardous than unsightly.

Thanks for any ideas! Paul
Greg O

"Kay Gallo" wrote in message
m...
Hello, we are purchasing a 92% efficient furnace. I thought I had
heard of a PVC vent kit for the outside wall on the house, that
replaced the need for the traditional 2" PVC pipery that would
otherwise stick out somewhat unsightly.

Ask your installer about a "concentric kit" for the venting. Still a tad
unsightly, but better than a couple of PVC pipes hanging in the wind!
Greg

CBhVAC:\)

"Kay Gallo" wrote in message
m...
Hello, we are purchasing a 92% efficient furnace. I thought I had
heard of a PVC vent kit for the outside wall on the house, that
replaced the need for the traditional 2" PVC pipery that would
otherwise stick out somewhat unsightly.

I pictured an oval, high impact plastic shroud, where the outside edge
was used for intake air, and somewhere in the center, the exhaust. I
also pictured it not sticking out very far from the wall.

The most practical wall for the PVC to exit our house, is where the
driveway runs, and it's somewhat narrow. Having PVC honkers out the
wall would be more hazardous than unsightly.

Thanks for any ideas! Paul

Hazardous? Not really, but sheesh..if it is, get on the line RIGHT now with
the guys that designed it...

You want a concentric vent kit. Ask your installer for it, and it will add,
about another 50 bux total to the job if hes not gouging the hell out of you
for the part.